Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
Yep. The V shaped metal stakes are fine.
- Posts: 2667
- Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm
- Location: Gold Country, CA
- Burning Since: 2001
A flamingo lashed to your tent might push you over the edge and make rebar a necessity.
- Posts: 568
- Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:38 pm
- Location: Chelsea
depends on what your stakes are made of. 4 pieces of 12" rebar are cheap and will give you peace of mind.
- Posts: 444
- Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
- Burning Since: 2008
Token wrote:Yep. The V shaped metal stakes are fine.
The V shaped ones will hold your tent just fine. Probably can't be too fine, but they are a little harder to pull out than round ones, like rebar--you can twist those. I used 10" nail stakes on a little tent that I used as a warehouse and they did fine.
- Posts: 1215
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm
- Location: Oregon
- Burning Since: 2009
- Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 pm
- Location: Toronto, ON
Not in my experience. why take a chance? the rebar pins at Lowes are cheap. It's not like you can run down to the store and get some in the middle of Burning Man. Bring some vice grips to get them out when you leave. Or just bury them which ever is easier.
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:37 am
jpstiffin wrote: Bring some vice grips to get them out when you leave. Or just bury them which ever is easier.
- Posts: 1418
- Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 am
- Location: Location, Location
- Posts: 2301
- Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
- Location: Shangri-la
- Burning Since: 1999
- Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge
Return to Shelter & Camping
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests