Where to clean RV between Reno and SF on tuesday 7th sept

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Where to clean RV between Reno and SF on tuesday 7th sept

Postby red arrow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:02 am

need to make another pit stop along this route to clean RV

can anyone recommend a good place to do so

im going to try and have at least two addresses (in case one of them is closed or whatever)

somewhere that we can clean inside and out of the RV would be ideal

thanks again :)

only a few weeks to go now yay

"...but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant..." - Hunter S Thompson
red arrow

Postby ju1ce » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:16 am

This is relevant to my interests. Any answers?
ju1ce

Postby Magpie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Did either of you think to try the google machine? I hear it works pretty well. Not knowing your route from Reno to SF, I googled reno car wash and got this:

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourc ... +wash+reno

I imagine you could do the same search for each town along your route, simply changing the name of the town in your search.
Magpie

Postby Rice » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Ooohhh, Snark .... ;)

I've seen a few posts in the eplaya as well.
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby red arrow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Magpie wrote:Did either of you think to try the google machine? I hear it works pretty well. Not knowing your route from Reno to SF, I googled reno car wash and got this:

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourc ... +wash+reno

I imagine you could do the same search for each town along your route, simply changing the name of the town in your search.

last time i checked google hadnt been to burning man, and i did ask ''can anyone recommend a good place to do so''

perhaps people could share experiences or specific locations in an effort to help a foreign bunch of burners find somewhere adequate to clear the RV

google has loads of listings and lots of crap, i thought someone might be able to be helpful.. thanks for the tip anyhow
"...but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant..." - Hunter S Thompson
red arrow

Postby Token » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Blue Beacon in Fernley.

They do the outside and undercarriage. You got to do the inside yourself.

There is also a loves or Pilot, cant remember which where you can get a shower.

I suggest a quick clean of interior, shower, truck wash, detail the interior, shower again.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:09 pm

red arrow wrote:last time i checked google hadnt been to burning man

Um. Yeah. What can I say?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Magpie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Yeah that was pretty snarky. It seemed like another post asking someone to do their research for them. But, Token to the rescue and I took my nice pills this morning, so I'm willing to admit I'll probably use that info myself ;-)
Magpie

Postby Token » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Ok, my cliff claven moment before my afternoon siesta.

You totally missed half of the irony in the google thingy.

You see, many tears ago, Google infiltrated burning man and all these cubicle junkies got hooked into this crazy thing.

Google maps, earth always has a super high rez image of BM (usually snapped on Thursdy).

Then there is the Burning Man Earth gizmo.

Then some donor (hint) gifts 10000 bicycles for the Yellow Bike program.

Etc. etc.

Point is, Google knows BM more than you think.

Google = The Umbrella Corporation

We are all DOOMED!
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby Magpie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Token wrote:Ok, my cliff claven moment before my afternoon siesta.

You totally missed half of the irony in the google thingy.

You see, many tears ago, Google infiltrated burning man and all these cubicle junkies got hooked into this crazy thing.

Google maps, earth always has a super high rez image of BM (usually snapped on Thursdy).

Then there is the Burning Man Earth gizmo.

Then some donor (hint) gifts 10000 bicycles for the Yellow Bike program.

Etc. etc.

Point is, Google knows BM more than you think.

Google = The Umbrella Corporation

We are all DOOMED!

You're right, went right over my head! I think Google might be the anti-christ.
Magpie

Postby red arrow » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:33 am

Magpie wrote:Yeah that was pretty snarky. It seemed like another post asking someone to do their research for them. But, Token to the rescue and I took my nice pills this morning, so I'm willing to admit I'll probably use that info myself ;-)

lol you dont travel half way across the globe and expect someone to do their research for them as you put it, i was merely asking for some helpful advice from fellow burners, thanks though, i took my nice pills today too xxxx
red arrow

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:49 am

Red Arrow- you've probably read this in the other RV post here, but it can always do with reiteration: prepping your RV before the playa can save you a ton of cleaning after!

Throw down carpet scraps or heavy duty tarps on the floors; cover all beds, couches & chairs with old sheets or plastic; plastic wrap as much of the drivers cabin as possible & stay out of it during the event; shoes off in the RV....... etc etc.

Cleaning the inside takes 3 or 4 times as long as cleaning the outside because of all the nooks & crannies (don't forget to clean in the cabinets, under the seat cushions, in the closets......)

Returning a dirty RV just makes it harder for Burners to rent one next year. I'm glad you're thinking about the cleaning before even heading out!
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Buddy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 pm

If you just want a good self serve spray wash with RV size bays, you can take 395 N in Reno to the Parr/Dandini exit, three exits, about three miles. Turn left and go over the highway and turn left at the first street by the convienience store. The carwash is visible on the left, simple in and out. It will save you a bunch over a Blue Beacon type truck wash which would be around $35-50. They have a credit card payment system too, so you can keep going with out feeding coins. Probably need $10-15 to get it good.
Life is a gift.
Buddy

Postby red arrow » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:17 am

thanks for all the helpful replies guys

i was not being lazy posting this, i have done years and years of research about this event but i just wanted to get peoples personal experiences and advice.. i thought thats what this forum was for.

anyway thanks for the advice and especially to those who PMed me with info
red arrow

Return to Shelter & Camping