Now that Danielle & I have enjoyed the event in different ways the last 2 years, we really want to take our experience to the next level this year, finding new ways to setup camp, participate and manage our activities.
- Virgin year. Planned for 5 months. Applied for (& received) Scholarship tickets. Camped with a large, established camp (Shadyvil). Brought a queen size mattress for comfort (lol). Tented it up. Arrived Monday and left Sunday. Life-changing experience!
- Recently moved, so decision to go was last minute and put together in 1 week. Paid full price for tickets and arrived late Wednesday night. Left Sunday. Wonderful, matured (but shorter) experience. Again tented it up, no queen bed, but faster on setup and breakdown. Packed up Saturday before burn, partied all night under the full moon, slept at Root Society, and rolled out early Sunday morning.
- Seasoned. Hungry. Wanting more out of the event. Wanting to camp solo this year but still hang out with our friends from Shadyvil. Looked into renting an RV, but figured why spend the money renting when we could buy for the same price (lots of great deals on RVs in the San Diego area). Found a 1977 Excel Travel Tralier in mint condition for $1,750, and after doing the usual maintenance needs on it, she's ready for a few trips this summer - including )'(. We are customzing the tralier to add to the event, not look like another closed-off RV parking lot. We are also leaving SD on Thursday, getting to Reno on Saturday for last minute supplies, and wanting to arrive in Gerlach on Sunday. Lastly, we are planning on staying until Monday this time, to experience the Temple night...
We're asking for your suggestions on the following items:
- Anything an RV owner should prepare for in relation to maintaining operation on the playa (she's prepared for regular usage/camping).
- Sunday Night Entrance Overview - We know we will be standing in a long entry line, but we want to bring the celebration to the entrance party. Anything we need to worry about, plan for, and maybe ideas on how we can make a positive impact on the pre-entry crowd.
- Sunday night parking/Getting prime real estate Monday morning - We know we dont want to park on any theme camps real estate, but we have an idea where we want to post camp. What do you suggest, and who do we talk to 1st thing Monday morning to find out where we can (and can't) camp?
Suggestions/replies to 1 or all 3 topics are welcomed!
p.s. We're hosting Volleyball on Tuesday afternoon (still working on the theme), and BloodyMaryBaconBurners on Wednesday morning.
"Not everyone who is single is lonely; not everyone who is taken is in love." I'm a seeker of (& full participant in) present-moment magic, and nothing beats playa love! <3