El Monte RV rental burning man - Getting deposits back?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Postby DUBLINBURNERKAREN » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:23 pm

[quote="Dustdevil"]The best way to start your clean up of the RV is to make a stop in Fernley on your trip back to SF. It will be about 3 miles out of your way. There is a Blue Beacon truck wash there. They charge about $60 to do an exterior and undercarriage wash of your coach. They do a great job. This will leave you with the exterior compartments and the interior to clean. It will save you hours.[/quote]

hey thanx for the info much appreciated :)
DUBLINBURNERKAREN

Postby hugo6788 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 pm

[quote="dragonpilot"]We used them last year from Seattle. We detailed that sucker before turning it back in...cleaner than we got it. Opened all the windows and doors and blew it out with a Shop Vac in reverse. Each person was assigned a section to clean, including the engine and roof...in less than 3 hours she was spotless. Got our deposit back.

Before you hit the playa, lay down plastic on the floor and toss sheets over the seats. Thoroughly cover the dash. Make sure windows/doors are closed before you go out on the playa. We put down carpet remnants over the plastic to reduce slipping.[/quote]

Hello, where do you recommend getting suitable plastic sheets/Gaffer tape etc from?

I would have though somewhere in Reno perhaps?
hugo6788

Postby Savannah » Fri May 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Google says there are three Home Depots in Reno, for starters. :) They're spaced around the airport like beautiful, lumber-scented confetti.

Figure out what time you're getting into Reno, though, and make sure they're open the hours you need them to be. I would call a month before to the closest one to your arrival point, and make sure they're still in operation. The same with any other Reno stores you plan to shop.

It's a little town, but they definitely know we're coming . . .
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby dragonpilot » Fri May 20, 2011 3:11 pm

hugo6788 wrote:Hello, where do you recommend getting suitable plastic sheets/Gaffer tape etc from?

Any hardware store worth it's name should carry this stuff. It doesn't take much...just enough to cover the living room floor, under the dining table, over the dash board. Blue painters tape works well for holding it in place...don't use duct tape as it will peel off the cheap veneer under the cabinets.

I think ours is 1 mil...very thin/pliable, cut to fit before departure, roll it out when you get to the playa...look in the paint section of the store. Also you should be able to find carpet remnants to lay down on top of the plastic sheeting...enough to cover the living room/kitchen aisle.

I'm here to tell ya it'll make the after BM cleanup sooo much easier!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Magpie Sparkles » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:12 am

We used El Monte last year and the were really great and totally burner friendly - they even gave us a printed information sheet especially with Burner Tips like covering the seats and so forth.

My advice (in addition to what else has already been posted in this thread) would be to buy all of your cleaning products and clothes you need to clean your RV up-front when you buy your food and then make a really good start on it while you're in the exodus queue. You might as well make that 3+ hour queue into a productive period!
Magpie Sparkles

Postby ibdave » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:13 am

Magpie Sparkles wrote:We used El Monte last year and the were really great and totally burner friendly - they even gave us a printed information sheet especially with Burner Tips like covering the seats and so forth.

My advice (in addition to what else has already been posted in this thread) would be to buy all of your cleaning products and clothes you need to clean your RV up-front when you buy your food and then make a really good start on it while you're in the exodus queue. You might as well make that 3+ hour queue into a productive period!

and give your self enough time to clean before you have to jump on the jet and head back to default world. Many people cut time to close and then the rv suffers, no deposit and then bitching here on eplaya... Large ziplock bag with your clean close ready to go works great... 8) 8) 8)

enjoy..
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby EspressoDude » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:13 am

you mentioned labor day holiday and return the rv on tuesday.

the labor day weekend is one of the busiest for these compainies and there will be a lot of returns tuesday. allow some time for that. checking it back in won't be instant.

note also that rental rates typically drop drastically after labor day.

It would be way better to schedule a later flight. after a week on the playa getting mellow will be instantly buzz-killed as soon as you start stressing on exodus and the drive back. may lead to some unsafe and dangerous driving...
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping