Best Shower Design for those wanting a more fancy shower?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Postby Boijoy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 pm

yes. & yes.
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Postby Elderberry » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Boijoy wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Boijoy wrote:agreed. You do have to consider "size" @ BM. There are things I would LOVE to take out there,, but can't haul them. :?

Rent a bigger truck.

JK

yeah, easy for you to say Mr. at Burning Man I live in a 3 room yurt with a standing hot shower piped to an evap pond, and full kitchen with gas blender, & water bed & full bar with disco lights & ac Pants.

:)

LOL Sounds like you saw our home on the playa. But don't forget, everyone enjoys burning man in different ways. One of the things I enjoy most is taming the elements and making our camp as comfortable as possible. And, when you think about it, it's still a lot less expensive than an RV and has a lot more amenities without the isolation and stigma. (And a lot more work.)

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby TomServo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Boijoy wrote:agreed. You do have to consider "size" @ BM. There are things I would LOVE to take out there,, but can't haul them. :?

Sittin here looking at my steel sprayer.. I figure it takes up, less than 36 square inches... and is only about 2 feet tall without the shower tubing.. as opposed to the larger camp shower systems and the water containers that are used with them.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby maryanimal » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 pm

I was just on ebay and found some ideas. It looks like you could get a shower rigged up for under $50. You may have to refill the bag with water and have a dehydration pond. It all depends on how you want to go with it. I've seen a lot of great ideas in here!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:30 am

The dehydration or evaporation pond is a big hassle. They take up a lot of land and they are an open invitation to anyone with a full bladder or dishpanfull.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Boijoy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am

I stand in a concrete mixing pan & after I shower I let the pan sit in the sun for a couple hours & then pour whatever doesn't evaporate into a 5 ga. bucket to take home.
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Postby TomServo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:56 am

Boijoy wrote:I stand in a concrete mixing pan & after I shower I let the pan sit in the sun for a couple hours & then pour whatever doesn't evaporate into a 5 ga. bucket to take home.

I'm a firm believer in evaporation ponds....black blastic... but if your going to pour off after evaporating what you can, why not boil it off?..so the mixing pan stays ready to use..

as far as ninja urinators, keep the pond well lit at night.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby maryanimal » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 pm

yeah then we not only see them, we can watch them pissing. LOL
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby moonrise » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Roundtuit wrote:I found this recently. Temporarily out of stock but to me its an inexpensive and simple option.

http://www.campingcomfortably.com/giga-tent-stinky-pete-shower-shelter.html

I saw a lot of these types of shower enclosures (different brands but similar) at various camps...

MOOP nazi got into it with a careless owner/user of one in particular, the grey water was running out of it's base (brand new) and onto the playa...response was "I use a rubber made tub and dispose of grey water properly" MOOP nazi said "nope, not good enough" eventually the MOOPY bitch switched to another shower and stopped using the thing.

HOW CAN THESE BE USED PROPERLY?
A KIDDIE POOL UNDER THE ENTIRE THING AND THEN DISPOSE OF GREY WATER?

Perhaps a rigid plastic or inflatable kiddie pool underneath the thing or what else is a good idea? (how to stake it down through a pool, IDK!?)

A cement mixer tub? (rubbermade doesn't seem to make big enough tubs)
*Volume of water used could be up to 5 gallons a day

I'd like to know AND SO WOULD THE PEOPLE WHO WILL CONTINUE TO USE THEM ON THE PLAYA

Thank You in advance...there is a need for this solution (before the next burn)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Boijoy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:49 am

Moon. the solution will be different for everyone depending on their needs.

For me, a single person. I use the cement tub because it's sturdy & small enough so I can lift it & pour the water into a 5 ga bucket. I only use about 1 ga. of water per shower. ( I have short hair ).

More people showering = more water to get rid of = different solution.
The good news is. you have ALL winter & summer to research & try stuff out. :)
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:15 am

There's plenty of discussion of evaporation ponds all up and down this sub-forum. Use the search function.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby moonrise » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:12 am

[quote="Boijoy"]Moon. the solution will be different for everyone depending on their needs.

For me, a single person. I use the cement tub because it's sturdy & small enough so I can lift it & pour the water into a 5 ga bucket. I only use about 1 ga. of water per shower. ( I have short hair ).

More people showering = more water to get rid of = different solution.
The good news is. you have ALL winter & summer to research & try stuff out. :)[/quote]

Thanks Ladies, I'll get 'er done if using one of these...if a cement tub fits, then I'm good to go. (I was feeling grouchy when I wrote that comment above)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby faulm4rk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 am

Actually, I’ve installed my newly redesigned plumbing system with water pump. And, of course it needs a water tank for water storage and it is currently under construction. The next is some other fancy faucets and showers.
faulm4rk

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping