Questions on tents

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Postby MisaBlue » Mon May 17, 2010 11:58 am

gyre wrote:I've noticed you can camp a lot more casually in europe.

That can be frustrating here.

It is not what it used to be anymore Gyre.

But this is hilarious and repeating every month. We should have video form that - were shooting there today afternoon and evening and plan is to go there at 6 a.m.
MisaBlue

Postby gyre » Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 pm

So what's showing?
gyre

Postby MisaBlue » Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 pm

gyre wrote:So what's showing?

I was afraid of this question :D ...I will have to think about it more to explain it, so don´t take my non-answering personaly.
MisaBlue

Postby FIGJAM » Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 pm

swamp cooler for a tent? ill make one out of a 5gal. bucket with 108 cubic foot per minute fan. It will be 12 volt, use a quart to 1/2 gallon of water per hour, and draw 1 and 1/2 amps...........stay tuned........ should work well for a tent or average van.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby MisaBlue » Wed May 19, 2010 4:56 am

MisaBlue wrote:
gyre wrote:So what's showing?

I was afraid of this question :D ...I will have to think about it more to explain it, so don´t take my non-answering personaly.

I cant believe it took me a day and I am coming up with this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A1ra_Cimrman

I thought I will explain it myself, but here it is more complex.
I can only say it is all about fictional person, who actually presents the Czech character ... and many people here thinks he really did live :D
It is like if Kafka would meet Monty Python :D
He was actually voted as The Biggest Czech, but they canceled the voting because he was not real person - beautiful craziness.
The shows in theater are well known, many people know them by heart. Lot of my friends are able to say every single line from the scenario every dialog (from more than one show!!!) You can see it on TV, even DVD, but people still wait in this lines for tickets to see all of the guys (only males perform:)) live. It is a dream of every theater performer.

If you are interested in knowing more, or my explanation is just nonsence to you, we can chat about that;)
MisaBlue

Postby gyre » Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am

This is fascinating.
So it's not just Kafka that thinks like this?

It reminds me a little bit of Buckaroo Banzai, who is based, of course, on the Doc Savage pulp novels, just as Batman and Superman were.

Very very interesting.
I really have to visit the place where people think like this.
gyre

Postby thesandman » Sun May 30, 2010 1:20 am

figured id post a pix of my camp set up with the new tent it held up very good with a 10 to 30 mph winds did not move a bit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10223679@N06/4651631719/in/set-72157624040122481/
thesandman

Postby AntiM » Sun May 30, 2010 4:53 am

We have an REI tent very much like that one, although ours has mesh vents at the top. We just clipped a quilted comforter over it and it was fine. Always under a carport though. We use something a bit newer and roomier last year, for two, that';s a snug tent. Ours is over 15 years old and holding up well.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

I am updating. The old post

Postby thesandman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:43 pm

The good and bad new was the tent did good in the wind and is strong, the dowside is small size for me at 6'1" was to small for that many days, also the tent keeps the blowing dust out but getting in the small low to the ground opening makes you drang the dust in and not much room to put your boots in the tiny vestibule so the dusty boots go inside next to you, so I got a new kelty zodiac 4 person with a large vestibule it's a 3 season with a full rain fly with any luck I move around inside my tent this year lol
thesandman

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping