Should I take my personal RV?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Sleepbox

Postby dewnorth » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 am

dewnorth

Postby Mosin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 am

My simple formula for de-playafying the RV interior after the Burn is to hit everything with compressed air, vacuum, and repeat. And repeat again. And one more time. Ditto, again. Encore.
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

I took it and am taking it again in 2011!

Postby MrTravelRN » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:07 pm

It worked out nicely. Bought a huge tarp and built an enclosed room on side under awning. Ran an air filter inside 24/7. We took our shoes off when entered. Cleanup took 2 days. Removed a/c covers and used air compressor to clean inside and out. Vacuumed several times, wiped down, and washed outside a few times. Was very satisfied. New air filter cost $300, so will put in my old one for the burn.
MrTravelRN

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Woo hoo strong work there dude congratulations!!!

Thanks for posting the update!

8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby addison4 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:46 pm

I recommend traveling as light as possible. I would rent a car, join a theme camp where you can share resources, and enjoy being free of all the equipment.

That's my plan this year... fly in and go light. Last year I did the "bring it all" vehicle thing; over-rated. Deciding what you really need and what you don't brings you closer to the playa. This also means you need to develop a dependable relationship with a camp, which is an entirely new dimension.

The playa will provide.
Register with "A 1776 Masquerade":
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhqOU5LVUp2MVFXaXBPMmtOXy1SZXc6MA
addison4

Postby some seeing eye » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:10 pm

All good suggestions, but for your first year, suggest not bringing the RV if you are in a camp. RV's are a retreat zone for anyone even remotely connected in dust storms. And of course they will be covered with dust.

If you are soloing or camping just with the RV occupants feel free to ignore.

Also note that leaving is often dusty, sometime arriving and can take from an hour to 4+, during which the engine cooling system is sucking dust.
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: I took it and am taking it again in 2011!

Postby TomServo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 am

MrTravelRN wrote:It worked out nicely. Bought a huge tarp and built an enclosed room on side under awning. Ran an air filter inside 24/7. We took our shoes off when entered. Cleanup took 2 days. Removed a/c covers and used air compressor to clean inside and out. Vacuumed several times, wiped down, and washed outside a few times. Was very satisfied. New air filter cost $300, so will put in my old one for the burn.

$300 for an air filter? I'm in the wrong business! Glad everything worked out! I imagine with that kind of investment, I'd be a little more cautious as well!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping