Group activities - Drinking game

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.

Group activities - Drinking game

Postby TT120 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Was thinking about some fun group activity we can do with our camp mates and anyone else that wants to join in. I had an idea for a drinking game that a group could do.

Get as many camp mates or neighbors together as you can. Everyone has a bottle or 2 of their favorite adult beverage with them. We all go find the nearest little bar or camp with people gathered about and swoop in on the place. We all split up and try to share a shot of our whiskey or whatever with someone. The first one of us that gets 2 people to drink, is the winner. He yells something out like GOAT CHEESE or something stupid and then we all can take a drink. Then we all run off and find the next bar. We can't drink until someone in our group gets 2 other people to drink.

I think it could be fun, definitely weird, and would leave the camps we visit going "What the fuck just happened?"
We could invite people to join us as we go and if the group got really big, it could be pretty cool/weird.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: "No Adult Supervision" in BDV

Re: Group activities - Drinking game

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 am

I don't even drink and that sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

Though I would certainly be wary of a proffered beverage from a group of people if nobody in the group offering it was actually drinking it, especially if the group happened to be composed entirely of young, possibly quite drunk, guys. Not explaining what the hell just happened seems like more than half the fun, but I'd try to steer away from projecting an unruly mob image if the camp you're descending on is quite small...
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby trilobyte » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:07 am

I'm giving this a nudge over to Food & Drink, since this seems more like a playa prep discussion than a default world/general topic.

It does sound like a fun game, however there's one potential down side. Everyone has to remain sober enough to be able to card the people they're offering shots to. Just because you're not running a camp bar doesn't mean that you wouldn't be on the hook for serving a minor. If you're going to where people are already gathering in groups, there's no telling whether you'd be walking into undercover-infested waters.

Another potential issue is getting the bum's rush from the people running the space. I don't run a public bar or club myself, so I couldn't really say how twitchy I'd be if a bunch of people started wandering through our bar/club and started giving people shots. If you don't know what's up, suddenly finding out that a group of people have descended upon your guests and is pushing drinks/shots from their own open containers could be an issue to be concerned about. Are they dosing people, are these guys predators, will they serve a minor and the cops come back to bust ME because the kid they served said they got booze here? If things were slow-paced and casual and the players were taking the time to get to know the people beforehand, it would be less of a concern... but as you describe it the game sounds more like once the group descends on a location it would be a race to serve shots, hit your threshold, shout a code word, and then all run away.

Actually, now that I've typed it, even though I don't run a public bar or club, if we had a bunch of people at our camp (which we get when the rubber stamp bar is open or we're serving food) and a group suddenly appeared and started aggressively pushing drinks on the crowd I'd be concerned. If it were slow-paced and casual and someone asked people in the camp first, that would probably be fine.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby TT120 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah, I can see some potential issues now that I'm sober. It sounded like fun in my head last night...... :mrgreen:
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: "No Adult Supervision" in BDV

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:39 am

This is not that much different from the event Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro does every year: The Tour de Franzia. We get a hoard of people together on bikes, each with a box of Franzia wine. We then head out en masse until we come across a group of people (burners in line at Arctica made for an excellent stop) and then forcefully pour wine straight from the box into their mouths. And hilarity ensues. Once everyone has had their fill, we move on to the next camp or where people have gathered. As I recall The French Quarter was our next victim. And not once did we have to shout out Goat Cheese. Just my 2 cents worth.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ygmir » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:This is not that much different from the event Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro does every year: The Tour de Franzia. We get a hoard of people together on bikes, each with a box of Franzia wine. We then head out en masse until we come across a group of people (burners in line at Arctica made for an excellent stop) and then forcefully pour wine straight from the box into their mouths. And hilarity ensues. Once everyone has had their fill, we move on to the next camp or where people have gathered. As I recall The French Quarter was our next victim. And not once did we have to shout out Goat Cheese. Just my 2 cents worth.

was that before or after your "flash mob proctology" game?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Dr Helix » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:25 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:This is not that much different from the event Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro does every year: The Tour de Franzia. We get a hoard of people together on bikes, each with a box of Franzia wine. We then head out en masse until we come across a group of people (burners in line at Arctica made for an excellent stop) and then forcefully pour wine straight from the box into their mouths. And hilarity ensues. Once everyone has had their fill, we move on to the next camp or where people have gathered. As I recall The French Quarter was our next victim. And not once did we have to shout out Goat Cheese. Just my 2 cents worth.

Franzia wine? No wonder you have hair like that.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby FlyingMonkey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:40 pm

It sounded like a lot of fun until Trilo served a dose of reality. Actually it still sounds fun.

But I can see where flash mobbing someone else's camp or bar wouldn't be too cool. After all they are responsible for what happens in their village/camp. Of course if you find whoever is running the camp/bar & they are cool with it, then party on. Since no one is profiting from drinks served it may be a welcome relief for a bars otherwise strained inventory (even if just briefly). I think the key would be getting the camps buy-in, which would take some of the spontaneity out of it.

But I don't see why this wouldn't work on the open Playa where many people happen to be gathered. But like others have said, be sure to check IDs (and be sure to invite me)
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.
FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:41 pm

GOAT CHEESE !!!!
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.
FlyingMonkey

Return to Food & Drink