How A Vegan Foodie Does Burning Man :)

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.

How A Vegan Foodie Does Burning Man :)

Postby Sassy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Everyone --

I have been going to Bman since 1997. So many people see hubby and I eating full meals out there every breakfast and dindin and are curious how we do it.

So I finally created an article on my website to explain it all.

Please note, this is really over and above what most people are willing to do for Bman. I realize that. But it makes me happy when I'm out there. And who knows, maybe you will find a few tips here that you can use.

Not vegan? Some of my non-vegan friends have found the advice to be generally helpful as well.

Hope it helps someone. Have fun out there!! xo

[link removed - Eric]
Sassy

Re: How A Vegan Foodie Does Burning Man :)

Postby lemur » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:26 am

how a vegan foodie uses burning man to sell two expensive 'vegan coaching' phone calls and a book for $225!

how about you just paste all that stuff into the forum post.. and we can forget yer doing all that coaching crap?
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby tatonka » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 am

great ideas thanks :)
winners never quit , quitters never win

4 wheels move the body , two wheels moves the soul

Music is the great healer of the soul
tatonka

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby Sassy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:35 am

Tatonka -- you are most welcome! Hope it helps. Have a great day. 8) xo

And lemur? ha! OMG -- you rock.

When my hubby and friends told me to post this here on ePlaya, I said "No way, there are too many assholes among the nice peeps. Someone will say something rude, crude, and discourteous." Hence, why I have only made a handful of posts on these boards over the years.

So we placed a bet.

And of course, you have proven me right.

So thanks! You have lined my pockets! Ka-CHING! I appreciate it very much!!! :D
Sassy

Postby lemur » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:51 am

it seems yourE the rude and discourteous one to me, asking us to visit a place of business to get at the 'gift' of the tips for how a foodie does burning man when they could have easily been pasted into this forum.
lemur

Postby Nipple » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:10 pm

lemur wrote:it seems yourE the rude and discourteous one to me, asking us to visit a place of business to get at the 'gift' of the tips for how a foodie does burning man when they could have easily been pasted into this forum.

Having actually read the link, she gives a lot of information on how she feeds herself out there. The only commerce is on another page dealing with vacuum sealers, and is commerce for vacuum sealers. The other links are to menu plans and recipes.

I was actually looking for and trying to find call to actions for her business, and really couldn't find any on the links from here to there.

Conclusion: WORSE THAN PLAYA FEATHERS AND NEEDS TO BE TAUGHT A LESSON.

Alternate Reality Conclusion: Thanks for the link Sassy...good info. kinda dovetails into what I'm trying to do this year. I'll be sure to paypal you the $0 you didn't ask for.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lemur » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:33 pm

i dunno, these things are linked to right next to the info, and the link in the original post certainly does drive traffic to the website which is selling the products (i mean.. i was able to find them.. whether there was a call to action or not)

in the 'need some help?' section
[links removed - Eric]

while the intent might be golden, and there may be no direct BUY NOW!!! call on the page linked to... it DOES have links that are easily seen by any interested customer in the 'NEED SOME HELP?' section .....this page has not really hidden the business part of the site in any way from the the content that we are intended to consume, which is just a bit unseemly to me with whole 'decommodification' thing that larry wants us to believe is part of our shared ethos.

it might even be something that the burning man gods arent too fond of (depending on whether or not those photographs at what looks like burning man are considered part of the various terms and conditions that have existed over the years)

“Personal Use” of images, film or video means to share with friends and family, to display on personal websites (as long as your website does not sell any other product or service) http://tickets2.burningman.com/info.php?i=2386

but anyways.. its not that posting this info in a link itself is bad...

just keep the business crap away from it, you know, toss the page on a non-branded corner of the site with no links to the business side of things.. or just put the content itself here on eplaya ..

as it is, even the content that isnt paid-for seems to just act as a way to sell the author as an expert/authority on the subject, which, when included with the shopping sections of the site makes this to me nothing more than an advertisement on ePlaya to drive traffic to a business
lemur

Postby Sic Pup » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks Sassy, it looks like a promising site. I'm interested in all aspects of cooking, vegan especially (even though I'm an omnivore). I look forward to exploring it and passing it along to my wife and daughter both vegan.

Oh, and thanks lemur for not making me trouble sassy with a pm for the link.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby Nipple » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm

lemur wrote:as it is, even the content that isnt paid-for seems to just act as a way to sell the author as an expert/authority on the subject, which, when included with the shopping sections of the site makes this to me nothing more than an advertisement on ePlaya to drive traffic to a business

I can agree with what you were saying there. I saw the links to where I could ostensibly find some coaching. I feel pretty good about my forward kicks, and my passing game, so I didn't investigate those... just kind of going with what I could see from the single link. Didn't seem malicious to my sniff test. It would appear you and Eric smelled something different!

I continue to be a long con spam bot designed only to get you to eat boner pills.
Nipple

Postby DrewDubious » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:43 pm

How do you know if someone is a vegan?
DrewDubious

Camp Name: Snuggery bunnies?

Postby Sic Pup » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:49 pm

They'll tell you (rim shot)
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby jkisha » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Vegan foodie? That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Nipple » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:06 am

DrewDubious wrote:How do you know if someone is a vegan?

Same way you know if someone is an asshole, unoriginal, or boring; they'll find a way to make sure you know.
Nipple

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:07 pm

jkisha wrote:Vegan foodie? That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

Not at all. Though I'm technically just a "mostly vegan" foodie - I do eat eggs and honey. Just because we don't eat all the same things as you doesn't mean we don't appreciate quality ingredients & preparation. We possibly appreciate them a bit more, since the taste of "beef" or "pork" or "chicken" isn't masking all the subtlety.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:09 pm

DrewDubious wrote:How do you know if someone is a vegan?

They're the one in camp who actually realizes that "bacon" as a trend is as dated as disco.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

No Smilies In My Title

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Hey, forty years on, there were things about disco that didn't suck as much as I thought they did back then.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby tatonka » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

will be useing the food saver to put the meals in and 1 pot of water to boil them in idea. was going to nuke stuff , but we decided on no gennerator. So I remembered I had one of those food savers
and seen material at the store to make more. :)
Not a vegan , but the idea will work for my kinda food.
winners never quit , quitters never win

4 wheels move the body , two wheels moves the soul

Music is the great healer of the soul
tatonka

Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby kiss-o-matic » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Eric wrote:
jkisha wrote:Not at all. Though I'm technically just a "mostly vegan" foodie - I do eat eggs and honey. Just because we don't eat all the same things as you doesn't mean we don't appreciate quality ingredients & preparation. We possibly appreciate them a bit more, since the taste of "beef" or "pork" or "chicken" isn't masking all the subtlety.

There was an Irish in our camp last year. For some stupid reason people let him be in charge of the grill. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner was not just meat, but overcooked, void of any moisture meat. A mate that he brought along from Australia said, "I've travelled across the globe to the middle of nowhere to eat far more unhealthy than I do at home..."

Oddly enough, no potatoes.
kiss-o-matic

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Savannah » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:01 pm

:lol:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to Food & Drink