Burner writing about regionals: I need your help!

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Burner writing about regionals: I need your help!

Postby Hannah PBS Miller » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 am

Hello! I'm Hannah. I have been a writer all my life, mostly as a journalist and blogger. I am also a Burner. This happens to be a great combination!

I am writing a book about the Burning Man regionals, and I need your help!
I am looking to go as many as I can over the next year, and I would like to get in touch with camps/organizers/artists in advance, find out what you are planning, what is special, etc.
Get in touch! Message me! Write me a long and painstakingly detailed post!

There's anyone good to talk to (from Korea to Delaware)...o r good to see... or advice on how to best enjoy and participate in any of the regional burns... I would love to talk more indepth over email and phone.

I wrote a couple of pieces on the Burning Blog that you can scrutinize -
here is the first one on this topic (based on the Global leadership conference in SF):
http://blog.burningman.com/2014/04/afie ... ning-land/

My email is golden.notebook@gmail.com.
This will be my third Burn, and I camp with the Lamplighters. Very very recommended that you participate!
Wild crowd, extremely smart and hilarious... information on volunteering is here:
https://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic ... s#p1013092

That's it for now... I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Hannah
Hannah PBS Miller

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Burner writing about regionals: I need your help!

Postby Hannah PBS Miller » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 pm

The first two I am attending are Element 11 in Utah and Burn in the Forest, Squamish.
Holler if you are going....
Hannah PBS Miller

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Burner writing about regionals: I need your help!

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Welcome aboard, and good luck with the regional trek! I have to admit, I'm envious... and I also think that the long-term future of the event is the growth and evolution of the regional network and regional events. Not only because logistics means BRC can only get so big, but because the color and flavor of these worldwide events make them magical and unique in their own way. It's like discovering a new kind of star or precious metal.... WHAT? A Burning Man event in the WOODS? Or ON A LAKE? Or in SOUTH AFRICA? That's crazy talk!

I've enjoyed your blog posts, and of course in-person conversations - I'm eager to see how your book project develops.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Regionals & Events