Freezerburn - Alberta, Canada's Regional Burn June 20-23

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Freezerburn - Alberta, Canada's Regional Burn June 20-23

Postby remi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:49 am

I just got back from my regional burn (first time attending,) and I am more then impressed. I totally understand what people mean when they say the future is in regional burns. I am beyond amazed at all the great people I met.

One story that stuck in my mind is that they buried a pig under the man, and when the man fell, the embers from all the wood cooked the pig over night and the next morning we retrieved the succulent swine from his hole and prepared it for a "metal and meat" show where we had a metal band called MOOP (Metal out of place,) and a delicious pig next to their awesome bar. That was just one of the many fantastic stories from the weekend. You can't beat a festival that is 100% participant driven.. and that's what burn events are all about.

If any of you are in the Calgary, Edmonton area next year during the summer solstice, you are more then welcome to join our little 550 person regional (almost doubled from last years attendance.) Home of the Space Gnomes theme camp and the Hippo Love art car (amongst many other great theme camps and art cars.)
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Re: Freezerburn - Alberta, Canada's Regional Burn June 20-23

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Even if you're not anywhere near any of that, if you have the means and resources to get there... I'd highly recommend going to the next one if you can. That part of the world is incredibly amazing and beautiful. And if memory serves, at least one of the local brews is made with glacier runoff water...mmmm...
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Freezerburn - Alberta, Canada's Regional Burn June 20-23

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:08 pm

I've been to Calgary and I've partied with Remi when I was there, and let me just say: The dude is a wildman. Good times indeed.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Return to Regionals & Events