Social-justice minded PNW burners out there?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Social-justice minded PNW burners out there?

Postby Seattle-Squeax » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm a second year burner from Seattle looking for folks who have a dedication to social justice issues! At the core of radical inclusion is the principle that the playa should be a safe space for all kinds of identities of global citizens. Applying the power dynamics inherent in race/gender/sexuality/ability/class/nationality/etc. are so important to the state of peace, equality, harmony, respect in our beautiful dusty home. In my current camp, though I consider my camp-mates family, I find myself frustrated by not feeling safe speaking up about these things that matter so deeply and by being a social-justice minded-minority.
As you can imagine, I was super excited about the base of Truth is Beauty 2013, "What would the world be like if women were safe?" in a plurality of languages. Powerful and important message! *heart eyes*
If there are any Seattle or PNW burners out there who can relate, or vibe with social justice as core to compassion and human-kind harmony, I'd love to get in contact with you!
Trolls under the bridge, please be kind to this billy goat for it is her first bulletin post! Ayyyeeee!
Seattle-Squeax

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Social-justice minded PNW burners out there?

Postby trilobyte » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:31 pm

If you haven't already done so, you may want to connect with your regional group, and sign up for any mailing lists or FB groups they may have. Sorry to hear that you're in a crappy camp situation (not feeling safe for any reason would be a dealbreaker in my book), you may care to keep an eye on camps posting in the theme camps board (or network with folks in your regional group) to look around for other potential campmates. You're also welcome to post an introduction thread in the Greeter's Station.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Social-justice minded PNW burners out there?

Postby Seattle-Squeax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Thank you for the suggestions! I will check out both of those suggestions as starting points. :)
Seattle-Squeax

Burning Since: 2010

Return to Regionals & Events