Inland Empire meet and greet

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Inland Empire meet and greet

Postby reznorock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Ive noticed there really isn't much going on in the I.E. and was thinking it would be cool for a get together out in the area , especially for those new to BM, and those that have been on previous occasions,to meet up and talk about BM, preparation ideas, maybe here a few stories, and of course meet burners.

I was personally thinking maybe jan/feb, no idea where though but would love to hear some thoughts on the matter from anyone that would even be remotely interested in this endeavor.
Build a fire in my eyes and burn with me..
reznorock

Burning Since: 2014

Re: Inland Empire meet and greet

Postby reznorock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Thank you very much. Ill see about writing a little something up and PMing folks when I get a chance this evening, point them in this direction :o
reznorock

Postby Sgt Pepper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Welcome.... there is a group out here in the IE... but not an official region - yet. We're about 25 strong. These past three years have helped each other with builds, sharing, logistics and resourcing for BM. We usually have a spring time gig out in the desert where we camp and basically meet and greet. I replied to your PM. Please don't post the name of the event here. When we do, the posting gets deleted because its not official.
Sgt Pepper
They say dreams are the windows of the soul--take a peek and you can see the inner workings, the nuts and bolts. NX - 1991
Sgt Pepper

Postby reznorock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:31 pm

I e-mailed you back about all of that. the spring event sounds interesting. wish I had known about the naming of topics , id have named it something obscure involving the IE and squirrels.... of course it's not an actual event yet though now is it, more like a prospective one. technicalities might save the thread yet haha.
reznorock

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:37 am

People organizing a casual/informal meetup in their region... okay. People using the board to promote their campouts and events... not okay. And promoting unofficial stuff as Burning Man regionals.... definitely not okay.

I'd encourage you to meet up and connect. You can have fun, look for ways to share resources, and get organized. You may even want to reach out to the Burning Man regionals team to look into what's needed to establish an official regional (just about every regional group started out with just a handful of people).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby reznorock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:11 am

I think a meetup of people around the I.E. would be pretty handy for the new folk as well as the vets looking to get some new hands to help out. im a little surprised there isn't a regional for us as it covers a lot of area.
reznorock

Postby mudpuppy000 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:49 am

What about organizing around a theme camp or village? Events can be geared towards prep for the playa or fundraisers or whatever. Those seem to have been acceptable on here at least in the past.

I'm still trying to figure out the LA regional. There seems to be a lot of burny events but since they're unofficial, they are difficult to find unless you know people.
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby MikeGyver » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 pm

mudpuppy000 wrote:What about organizing around a theme camp or village? Events can be geared towards prep for the playa or fundraisers or whatever. Those seem to have been acceptable on here at least in the past.

I'm still trying to figure out the LA regional. There seems to be a lot of burny events but since they're unofficial, they are difficult to find unless you know people.

That's the same way it seems in San Diego. I hear about plenty of events after the fact but never in enough time to go.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
MikeGyver

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby reznorock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 am

I imagine there are probably a lot of official unofficial events people hold, I suppose it's just a matter of knowing someone that knows about it before it actually happens.
reznorock

Postby mudpuppy000 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 am

Anyhoo, make sure to join up for the LA regional newsletter as we are going to have our regional campout (BEquinox) in late march out in Joshua Tree. Also, the San Diego campout (YOUtopia) was a few months ago and was amaziballs.
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:49 pm

I think the inland empire could definitely draw the numbers to form up a region. It's just a matter of getting organized and then getting in touch with the regionals team (like all the other regional groups do).

It's been a few years since I lived in LA, but when I did it was pretty easy to connect with local events and goings-on. Sign up for the regional mailing list, and check in with the regional group on FB. It generally includes both official and unofficial items of interest. After numerous abuses over the years, Burning Man made the decision that they just don't want event and party spam on ePlaya. This post has more info on our event posting guidelines.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby reznorock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:07 am

I believe you are correct, and obviously being organized really is what gets anything going. I suppose it's just a matter of time.

I do understand about the party spam on the forums, although I am curious to know if specific subforum sections have been considered for random things like "parties" and unofficial events just to keep the rest of the forum clean, or if it's simply a matter of giving the wrong impression to folks.
reznorock

Postby Sgt Pepper » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 pm

The good news is many of us from the Inland Empire will be having a camp at Burning Man - Camp No Drama. First meeting will be early in February. We have about 15 already stating - YEAPPERS and I am a go.

Regarding region for IE, I have inquired and it always seems to get pushed aside. Not saying that is bad thing, but each year we inquire and each year it gets more attention. So come late February, I will once against inquire... one day it will happen!!!!
They say dreams are the windows of the soul--take a peek and you can see the inner workings, the nuts and bolts. NX - 1991
Sgt Pepper

Postby zogman44 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:51 pm

When and where? I have been looking for some burners for 2 years now. hard to find. I know that the OC group uses Yahoo to keep in touch. also we could use meetup .com
zogman44

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Sunscreen @ 420 & J

Postby JustCallMeTex » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:08 am

Temecula Burners here!
JustCallMeTex

Burning Since: 2011

Return to Regionals & Events