Festivals in UK and Europe (Secret Garden Party and more..)

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Festivals in UK and Europe (Secret Garden Party and more..)

Postby Feeline » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:56 am

Hello, I'm a Canuck expat living in the UK for a few years and can't make it all the way out to Nevada anymore.
I am hoping to get involved in the Europe regional event, "Nowhere" in Spain. However, I'd also be interested in taking advantage of all the festivals in the UK and Europe this summer.
I would love any advice from my fellow Burners on which are the creme de la creme of festivals here. I know that nothing can replace BM or be like it, but hopefully there are events which at least share certain aspects with BM.
For example - lots of art/theme camps/interactive activities, most people dressing in costume/fancy dress, friendly playful approachable people, a wide variety of live music, etc. I have been recommended Shambala in the UK as a good bet, as well as Secret Garden Party (UK). Anybody been to either? Any other recommendations?
Thanks! xx
Feeline

Re: Festivals in UK and Europe (Secret Garden Party and more

Postby ComeBackLater » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

check out efestivals; http://www.efestivals.co.uk/ find your tribe, set off in May get back end of September! Go with the flow, it rains a :) lot..
ComeBackLater

Postby akmojo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:10 pm

I'll be in London for the Olympics this summer instead of on the Playa... we should meet, I'll bring some Dust...
I am stopping in Iceland to go to a festival there.. look at www.dalurinn.is and then I'll be in Amsterdam for a few days after the Olympics...
think big and dare to fail
akmojo

Postby paulo999 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:15 am

SGP is marvellous. I've not been to Shambala myself, but it's highly rated.

This year Boomtown Fair is looking stronger than ever. It'll be the only outing of the year for Arcadia's Spider rig, which is something of a coup because that would normally be a Glastonbury-only thing. Expect lots of fire, electricity and general mayhem.

To paint the picture, here's Arcadia last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1taLeh ... nRny_ee0Y=
paulo999

Return to Regionals & Events