New Location! Sacramento Decompression - Burn The River

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

New Location! Sacramento Decompression - Burn The River

Postby pandora422 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:40 pm

YOU blew our minds! Due to the flood of response and participation we have secured a private venue just 2 miles away with MORE SPACE, fewer restrictions and better accommodations. That's right the venue has changed! We got lots of request for camping for this all night event. We got lots of feedback regarding the restrictions limiting our ability to express our Burner ways. Space limitations were forcing us to limit art and theme camp participation that just didn't seem like radical inclusion to us. We heard you!

Please join us November 5th at:

Rio Ramaza Marina and Event Park
10000 Garden Hwy.
Sacramento, CA 95837

Sacramento Decom has been upgraded to first class!
Here are the details:

21 and older only (all apologies kids)
Private Venue
No restrictions on outside food or drink
Gift what you wish
Free road side parking (be sure you are over the white line)
$5 on-site parking
On-site, Walk-in tent camping $10/tent - Yea!
$30 RV Sites with electrical and water (contact Tom - 916.925.5432 for details)
Boat Access - Limitations exist (contact Tom - 916.925.5432 for details)
More burn barrels
Bring your chair if you like sitting
In fact bring any old thing you want (pack it out, of course)
Jet engines excluded (sorry man, we tried)

Theme Camps, Performances, Art and Volunteers still needed!
Please visit the website at : http://sacburners.org/decom2011 and follow the links under PARTICIPATE to make contact.

We have tried to reach out to as many theme camps as we could with the short notice, but have had trouble getting
contact information for theme camp leads. If you know one, please forward them to the web address above. We want this to be as inclusive an event as we can!

See you on the 5th.

-SACBMOA (Sacramento Burning Man Orgers Association)
pandora422

Re: New Location! Sacramento Decompression - Burn The River

Postby Packoderm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:05 am

I'm the only Endorphin in the Sacramento area, and I don't think any other Endorphins want to commute here, and none of my regular friends can go for various reasons. I ordered tickets anyway. I don't know how fun it will be if I'm there alone without knowing anybody else. I could operate a one man theme camp, bring some booze/beer and open a bar next to my motorhome, and/or I could open a pancake breakfast stand in the morning. There are no responses to this thread. Is it possible the whole event will be just a cluster of close-knit friends like what I saw at the bar on Franklin Blvd by Gunthers for the Sacramento Burners Group? If so, that was completely boring, so I went home after one beer.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Postby pandora422 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 am

Good morning Packoderm, this is quite a bit different from our Thursday night meetups at Pangea on Franklin (which is happening again this Thursday!).

Sac Decom - Burn the River is an overnight/camping event with domes, art cars, DJ's, performances, workshops, interactive art and music. We're expecting 300-400 people from lots of different camps: Barbie Death Camp, Camp Wild Kingdom, Hookah Dome, Camp DOA, SWAG Mart, BurnTown, More Fun Less Suck, Arch or Reno, Slut Garden, Match Camp, Dog Fish, Pancake Playhouse, Karma Chickens and Inspiratum. If you don't know anyone - now is the perfect time to introduce yourself!

For more information on walk in tent camping, RV parking, directions, and participating (preform, bring a theme camp, art car, art installation, DJ, ect) visit our web site at http://sacburners.org/decom2011.

I guess if you get bored with making hula hoops, painting on a community art project, dancing, and meeting new people and decide it sucks you can always go home. :) But you won't know unless you check it out and since you already have tickets - what have you got to lose?
pandora422

Postby Packoderm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:09 pm

I ordered two tickets and put in a request for my camp, Endorphin Camp, to operate a bar. I would like to put up a carport and have a keg in case anybody wants a beer. I'm the only Endorphin local to Sacramento, but maybe I can get some default friends to go.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Postby pandora422 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Hey packoderm Joyce our placement goddess will be contacting you to make sure you get a spot to set up. Thanks! Jana
pandora422

Postby pandora422 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:38 pm

How do you party from 6pm untill 10am? With SuperFabulous DJ's of course!

We got that Boom Boom POW!
It’s time for us to rock it PLAYA style. Get your groove on all night long 'cause this party doesn’t end until the sun come up! Decompress with your favorite DJ’s:
(In alphabetical order)
• DJ Dolomite
• eviLntt
• DJ Shap-er
• G.A.M.M.A.
• LeafyGreen
• Lyon-O
• Moon Juice
• Max Dillon
• One Head Light - Live Band!
• Phenixx
• Ratchet
• scotty(TREES)
• Sicfus - Live Band!

Camping/Parking
$5 on-site parking
Free road side parking (be sure you are over the white line)
On-site, walk-in tent camping $10/tent
RV & Dock Access: Contact Tom at Rio Ramaza Marina - 916.925.5432
• $30 RV Sites (25 still available as of Wednesday morning) with electrical and water
• Boat Access - Limitations exist please contact Tom.
• Please be patient, this is Rio Ramaza 1st time working with such and energetic group of burners and Tom’s number often goes to voicemail. When you leave a message please include the following information for reservations: Arrival Date, Departure Date, Size of the RV, and if you need power.

More information at http://sacburners.org/decom2011
pandora422

Postby pandora422 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 pm

**24 Hours Ticket Warning**
$15 Will Call Tickets are only available online until Friday at 6pm!
Tickets will be for sale at the gate for $20; ($5 surcharge for non-burner wear/attitude).
www.brownpapertickets.com/event/206776
pandora422

Return to Regionals & Events