Pity Party Beach Burn

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Pity Party Beach Burn

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm

We're starting to get more and more interest in our upcoming Beach Burn in San Francisco. The event is not only unofficial, but it's open-ended. It is truly whatever you bring to it!

LEAVE NO TRACE - whatever comes in with you - leaves with you1
Let's not bring glass bottles, please!
Maximum attendance: 50,000!
Tickets: FREE!
YOU are responsible for your own safety, health and happiness.
We'll come up with some appopriate rituals to suit the occasion - and to suit our participants.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: Pity Party Beach Burn

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Here's as much of a plan as I have cared to throw together... (keeping things open-ended wherever practical...)

On Ocean Beach, there's a number of fire rings, apparently designed and built by Burneresque craftsmen. I don't know which is which, nor is there a map, he-he... :)

I propose that some or all of us descend on Ocean Beach fairly early (4:00 pm?) and lay claim to one of these rings, not too far from parking. Any volunteers to scout this out?

After that, we can haul some firewood, beer and other surprises to the firepit by about 7:30 pm, which is sunset.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Tickets are SOLD OUT!

Attendance population is limited to no more than 25.

We're so sorry!
Ugly Dougly

Postby Aiee! It burns! » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:50 pm

You bastard, how could you do this to me?
Aiee! It burns!

Postby Bin Noddin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Pity Party tickets are on e-bay for $500 and up.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby Sic Pup » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:35 pm

With all the well intentioned, but misguided, ticket Nazis either on playa or en route who is going to police the ticket threads by telling people not to post ticket wanted threads because it just annoys people thereby bumping every request thread a second annoying time and then adding insult to injury by advising them to seek out offered threads which only leads to a bazillion "if the other 93 deals dont work out that put me on the list" when, in fact, as a seller of many in demand tickets at face it's ALWAYS easier for the seller to scan wanted posts, select the person via PM and do the deal without generating umpteen more useless posts and all you really need to do is setup two forums one wanted, one offered, so people don't have to see any post they don't want to?

Enjoy your burn (the 25 lucky ones, anyway) this one is better this year. Unless, of course, someone starts a Pity Pity Party Burn,
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 am

Sic Pup wrote: Unless, of course, someone starts a Pity Pity Party Burn,

Dude, that's what this thread is about. The rest of your rant is a LITTLE bit OT, but I'll let it slide. :)

NEWS FLASH!
-There are no tickets required for The Pity Party Beach Burn. It's in fucking San Francisco, no 300 mile drive.
-It's not a week-long camping trip in the desert. It's Saturday evening on the beach!
-There's a restaurant and public rest room across the street. I checked out everything yesterday morning.

See you on the beach, Sic Pup.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:24 am

NOTHER NEWS FLASH
I am canceling the Pity Party Beach Burn, citing lack of interest and finding something better to do. :wink:
If you're interested in doing something "burny" this weekend, look up Balsa Man, sounds like fun.
Ugly Dougly

Return to Regionals & Events