Ticketless? Consider this...

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Ticketless? Consider this...

Postby nratzan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:39 am

Looking for a ticket? Consider a gathering 10 miles from Burning Man in the spirit of past Burns!

Has anyone heard of this Smoke Creek Gathering??! I just did and it seems promising. Get the word out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_Creek_Gathering

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/2541855061.html

I'm wondering how big it will get, how much participation and art projects there will be, and how much infrastructure there will be. Check it out and if there's really a gathering only 10 miles from Burning Man, it'll be something else with all the spill-over and Burner refugees.

-Noah
nratzan

Re: Ticketless? Consider this...

Postby funhappyguy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:13 am

Nat,
Any more information concerning this event?
Fun Happy Guy
funhappyguy

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:17 am

Giving this a nudge over to Regionals and Events, since it's about alternative events.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Smoke creek is great, of course its also hunting season so you get to enjoy the entire valley with all the hunters as well.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby AntiM » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:11 pm

mdmf007 wrote:Smoke creek is great, of course its also hunting season so you get to enjoy the entire valley with all the hunters as well.

Don't wear your fuzzy coats.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm

AntiM wrote:
mdmf007 wrote:Smoke creek is great, of course its also hunting season so you get to enjoy the entire valley with all the hunters as well.

Don't wear your fuzzy coats.

Definitely not a good week to wear the muppet skin or bigfoot outfit.
mdmf007

Postby Foxfur » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:04 am

Bring a sextant so as not to get stranded in a sea of hippies.
Or bring a sex tent if you're into that sort of thing.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby unjonharley » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:02 am

Rainbow Hippie Shit
unjonharley

Postby Foxfur » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 am

If hippies shit rainbows does their TP look like tiedyes?
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby much2naughty2 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 am

Maybe you could hire a plane and parachute into BM. Instead of a reserve chute, pack your supplies.
much2naughty2

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:37 am

Hippies? Sounds more like old-time burners tired of losing their freedom. :(
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby mdmf007 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:14 pm

At this point, it looks like parachuting in could be the cheap route...
mdmf007

Postby Eklypz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 pm

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO SQUAW CREEK!

It is semi-private land from what I understand but the owner allows locals to camp and hunt there. Also a big fire hazard with just sage brush and not rideable with lava caps. This is a hoax / disgruntled person type of thing.
~o(Eklypz)o~
Eklypz

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Hookahdome

Postby MrsgriffinBRCPOII » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 pm

I heard about something at Perma Burn.. ?
But I like the proximaty of droppin the plays just across the way and creating a spill way event .
and an extended After burn?
Is there another gathering in the area?
If I cant get a ticket and get in ( it cant really happen can it ? Im in total denial and disbeleif)
is there an Orphans Home waiting to provide us a place to handle the greif with like dust and dance and fire and burners? I feel like a fucking hatian in the 80s...
Sanctuary!!!!
MrsgriffinBRCPOII

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:34 pm

MrsgriffinBRCPOII wrote:If I cant get a ticket and get in ( it cant really happen can it ? Im in total denial and disbeleif)

Craigslist & eBay. Prices are dropping, there are still tickets out there. Try to get a physical ticket, make sure you know the security features!

Starting Monday I bet prices will start to go down fast.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby MrsgriffinBRCPOII » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:37 pm

i have all me browsers set to the craigslists in major california citys, a few esy coast, and facebook,e-playa- yahoo ..and as our old pal DJ Hitler sez..WHAT THE FUCK YOU HAVE TO REFRESH that shit like every 20 seconds..!! I take breaks and when im turnin that predictable yearly white knuckled harpie..I get a glass of ice from the freezer,drizzel some water over it and qur up the You tube Hitler movie. Dude I wish I was as down as DJ Hitler as far as the whole peing so over prepared that he doesnt even have that ticket.. I revel at how tripped i get, I laugh ,or smirk or scream Yeah! Thats right! You tell'em Hitler!! I know your crazy funking pain. I am my own camp nazi as I prep, But Im no harm ..just really wanting the dust, the connections to other weirdos who dream big and wear weird shit and act the fool on mr Hands time.
I spend way to much time talkin to myself.Im in squidbilley california on highway forty nine..
Im gonna put a sign on my lawn I pray the last owner left some house paint in the basement...
Ive gotta admit, im not as comfortable in just Doing something else, instead, i cant begin to imagine what that could possibly be? I do something else ALLLLLLL YEAR. Its my one true thing even at its squirrliest , Its a place where I am - WE instead of Me.
Im limited on cash but I beleive -seen amazing offers of tremendous gifting all around meover the years when I was in a better position. I hate sudden swift change but Burningman has taught me how to surf those moments. Now Im the whit rabbit instead of alice,dreaming of being more rather like chesh- Im late! Im late Im late! Imissed getting a ticket..Im a HIPPPPPPPPPYEEEEEE waaaaaaaa.
Okay seriously I am so done with this year and all the vibe from the past ten. September first is a bazzarly fixed date in my life for the past two decades and the 12 Ive burned, Every 9-1-
brings some life altering event- IVE got a serious dance going with Rites of Passage by having a rediculous
absolute written in stone knowledge that fate spins my wheel and the Sept 2 is my reboot- and thus launches my learning curve..Im at that cross road- I NEED to fucking move on, out of the tail end of all the greif and emotion and focus on whats next. I have dedicated myself to ART, and experiance. I have a project im doing and as I get older I Ive lost perspective and direction,undisiplined..and rather socially clumsy..awkward- I remember fearless joy and white hot creating- Now I force myself to vomit my experiances and every thought out like casting a line,inside I hear some nag say,You shouldnt say your gonna do something you could set aside like everything else to be a warrior inthe default- Pain and loss makes for better art, right? oh yeah..
I dont know if Im embarrasing myself or not, If Im doing this awkwardly well Ill have to live with it after I find out ..later I am going I will go..I am doing art..and participating and supporting yours..I will fearlessly dare to suck,because if I dont keep trying..Im lost - The one year I need to slow down and suck up ny Passage..It just happens to be the aniverserie and it sold out- Did Burningman sell out ?..Or was it me? Did I sell out?
I might be the crazy daisy on the net, or the uncomfortable sexy cousin at the holiday table.. But I fear the unthinkable...Ill get to comfortable with breaking promices to myself and others, that Ill get comfortable with giving up.
Is it actually possible that every viable sweet golden ticket is for other people and that I will flunk out- be left out left behind ..like some migratory creature with a wing to broken to fly and gather up and flock the fuck out . I listen and read all the Gone to Burningman blogs and replies and the ims of my family of combustion adicted and one by one the sign out kiss sign off..I see Crimson and Blue and all the mad scientist pirates of the DPW in those blissed out shots making the man, settin the signs,the flags, answering my blither blather blogs.. I wanna be doing these things, to share those moments ,earn my burn..If I just go- something will happen but I dont want to beg, to be the hippy, to put all the people I respect and love in a possition to have to tell me - I cant come home this year..To tip toe down to Gerlach for the third time this year and work my way from summit to empire ducking the constibles on hippy patrol- or exhausting myself like a glittery infomercial to burners who just traveled the fly way across the globe ..and to hear me retell my shit over and over till i appear to be the Burning Bum..

its a 1 in a bazzillion chance but Im lucky if I get a responce, so you all get the gift of an essay into the quest for RITE ,am i wrong?
Its impossible that my tribe will set me to the ice flows like an anchient eskamo
It could be dismal exhausting humiliating expence on the physce and Ill be let in like say Wednesday nite..
after 100s of hours of pickin flys outta my orphan eyes for the world to see..
OR

IT COULD BE JUST SECOND AWAY FROM HAVING A TOTAL ODDYSEE of experiance and I could face plant myself into the bounty of experiances that put my new life together,add richness to my book, my social life will exsist and I can have fun.. like as in F U N video hosting out my own personal trip
..first drink on the Playa would definatly be at
BAT COUNTRY!!
I love you. well back to it!
A
MrsgriffinBRCPOII

Postby unjonharley » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm not going to waste my time reading blah blah blah from the last post.

If the fucker wants a ticket this late in the game..

The top price this time of the year is about 380.. Craig's List in eugene Or. have tickets @ two for 750.. That appears to be the fair going price.. So stop typing all the blah blah an d buy a ticket.. Pay Pal is going to nick you 15 and express mail a 20

Pony up or shut up
unjonharley

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:45 pm

MrsgriffinBRCPOII wrote:I heard about something at Perma Burn.. ?
But I like the proximaty of droppin the plays just across the way and creating a spill way event .
and an extended After burn?
Is there another gathering in the area?
If I cant get a ticket and get in ( it cant really happen can it ? Im in total denial and disbeleif)
is there an Orphans Home waiting to provide us a place to handle the greif with like dust and dance and fire and burners? I feel like a fucking hatian in the 80s...
Sanctuary!!!!

Consider doing your own burn, out in Nebraska or wherever you are.

I wouldn't drive out to the desert unless I was sure there was an event...
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm

unjonharley wrote:I'm not going to waste my time reading blah blah blah from the last post.

If the fucker wants a ticket this late in the game..

The top price this time of the year is about 380.. Craig's List in eugene Or. have tickets @ two for 750.. That appears to be the fair going price.. So stop typing all the blah blah an d buy a ticket.. Pay Pal is going to nick you 15 and express mail a 20

Pony up or shut up

Here's how we do it:
TLDR.
Ugly Dougly

Postby sierrahiker68 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:40 am

Congratulations, BLM has taken notice and has moved to prohibit any alliterative events around the same dates. They are planning on closing a huge track of public lands for that time frame..

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/ ... .26.11.pdf
sierrahiker68

Return to Regionals & Events