Arziona Decompression - October 6-9

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Arziona Decompression - October 6-9

Postby scotto » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:55 am

http://decom.azburners.org/

Through The Looking Glass

Come out to Witch Wells near Sanders, AZ and join us for 4 days of large scale art, music, performance art, and interactive participation. The AZBurners are an interactive group of artists, performers, musicians and participants of the Burning Man event that takes place in the Black Rock Desert, Nevada.

Arizona Decompression not a rave, it is an event created by the AZBurners community to bring the culture of Burning Man and Black Rock City to our region. We expect each attendee to participate in the event in some way. Participation and creative interaction is a core value of our culture. Create, participate, no spectators! Respect for alternative lifestyles and cultures is required.

Through The Looking Glass.....A metaphor for taking a journey into new territory.

- Stepping beyond what you have grown accustomed to, venture into new areas, look at things from a different angle.

- When we return to the default world we find other people behave the same as before, thus causing us to react like before - even though we know the irrelevancy of it all.

- Stop LOOKING at the glass, and step through it. don't just sit there and wonder how something will turn out..do something about it.

- The capacity of reflection on its own behavior.

- The looking glass is extended as a metaphor into any time the world turns strange, or when things get turned around, as if one were Alice, inside of the mirror.

- The complete reversal of everything normal.

- Being mindful of the need to recognize that we are going through a rite of passage ourselves, lets come up with a theme that reflects the dissonance of our community as a pathway toward integration and wholeness. I would also like to tweak this idea in a way that reflects the absurd-just as BM reflects the absurd in our society.

There is no water or power on this property. We will have porta-potties available for your use. You must bring everything you need to survive for four days in a hostile desert environment, then pack it all out with you when it is over. There is no garbage collection or receptacles, you must haul it out and dispose of it properly. Create, participate, pack it in-pack it out, leave no trace!

This is a 21 years of age and over event. No one under 21 will be admitted without parents, legal guardian or spouse who is at least 21.

- Arizona Decompression practices a gift economy.
- No vending, advertising or commercial activity allowed.
- The offering of any items or services for sale is prohibited.
Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!
scotto

Camp Name: PolyParadise

Re: Arziona Decompression - October 6-9

Postby chromatest » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Yeah Arizona!!!!

Come on out to a 3 night camping decompression in the beautiful high desert of Arizona!!!!
-"Rip me in half, I'll make love to myself."-
chromatest

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: The Fucking Flamingos

Postby troubledenergy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:34 am

$30 for 4 nights... hmmm.... this sounds like a possibility.

Might even bring the kiddos
troubledenergy

Postby troubledenergy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:34 am

though... I just looked it up and its a 10 hour drive. LOL
troubledenergy

Postby chromatest » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:38 am

Where would you be driving in from? Perhaps carpooling would be an option.
chromatest

Postby troubledenergy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:13 am

san diego.

it's an option but considering we'd be leaving after work friday and having to be back at work monday... there 20 hours of driving isn't really worth a weekend viist.
troubledenergy

Postby chromatest » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:41 am

Yeah, that's a bit rough.
chromatest

Return to Regionals & Events