Florida burners?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Florida burners?

Postby worksofheart » Wed May 25, 2011 7:52 am

Can't seem to find a Florida roll call... who's out there??

I'm curious to find local events, but not having much luck with the regional website as it seems to be info from '08. :(

Reckon I'll start with "Hi...I'm in the Tampabay area...where are you??"
:D
"If you've never tried, you should, these things are fun, and fun is good!"~~Dr. Seuss
worksofheart

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 am

BDC&WB has all sorts of people from Florida. Let's see, Orlando, Jacksonville (a bunch of them), and Miami. Nobody from Tampa Bay, at least not yet.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby C.f.M. » Wed May 25, 2011 8:26 am

I've camped with some Florida people the past two years (who also come to the SE regionals Transformus and Alchemy). Know some Floridians also camp with Big Puffy Yellow. Did you look at the regional contact list, too? Email the FL regional contact. Euphoria is upcoming next month, right outside of Atlanta. Then Transformus in July, outside of Asheville. I've been to Preheat, but not Afterburn - oh, and in 2011 Theme Camps, Fjord posted about his hookah camp. He's a Floridian.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Bob Bitchen » Thu May 26, 2011 5:00 am

Don't know anyone from Florida but I do now.

I'm in San Diego CA.

Actually San Marcos SD County.
Bob Bitchen

Those who want to be seen will never be seen even if they have already been seen.

Fuck Um if they can't take a Joke & Joke em if they can't take a Fuck.

Don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things.
Bob Bitchen

Postby worksofheart » Thu May 26, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks, guys! I'd looked at BDC&WB and Hookah Lounge before...May try to make it to Afterburn near Orlando this year, and I know Hookah Lounge is usually there. :D
"If you've never tried, you should, these things are fun, and fun is good!"~~Dr. Seuss
worksofheart

Postby worksofheart » Thu May 26, 2011 10:05 am

Oh, and yes, Bob, I suppose you do now!

I'm actually somewhat north of Tampa in an obscure little county that hardly anyone has ever heard of! :wink:
worksofheart

Postby lazerfox » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 am

Howdy!
I'm in Orlando and just went to St Pete for a drum circle last night. I used to leave near Tampa (Brandon) and I hope to make it out to AfterBurn since I was not able to get tickets to Pre-Heat.
lazerfox

Postby worksofheart » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 pm

lazerfox wrote:Howdy!
I'm in Orlando and just went to St Pete for a drum circle last night. I used to leave near Tampa (Brandon) and I hope to make it out to AfterBurn since I was not able to get tickets to Pre-Heat.

Howdy, Lazerfox!

I'm about an hour north of Tampa, and about 1.25 hours from Orlando. How do you keep informed of events? Maybe I'll see you at AfterBurn if we both make it there! :)
worksofheart

Postby lazerfox » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 pm

I joined the FL Chat through Yahoo groups (search for "fla-burningman-chat@yahoogroups.com")

Also, you can join the Central Florida Burners group on FB.

They are both pretty active right before events so it helps to not miss out on things. Everyone is talking about Transformus right now but alas I cannot make that either.

So many festivals so little paid time-off!!

I really hope to make it to both Big Jammalamma & After-Burn. http://www.bigjammalamma.com/
lazerfox

Postby C.f.M. » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 am

lazerfox wrote: Everyone is talking about Transformus right now but alas I cannot make that either.

Ja, I'm missing it (as of today, anyways) for the first time in...four or five years. But I'm going to a fundraiser in Charlotte for Intergalactic House of Pancakes this weekend. It would have been fun to deliver your skirt in person. 8)
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby lazerfox » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:25 am

That would have been neat!! But we will work it out one way or another. I will be in Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Fayeteville in 2 weeks (which I know is way too soon) but if any of those are near you maybe we could just meet up and chat or something (?) I will be at a retreat most of the days but I think I will have some downtime.

P.S. Do you know how you are getting to BM yet? We are driving from San Fran and camping near Reno Sunday night. Not sure how much room we will have in the camper but we will have an extra tent you could use at the camp site if you are interested.
lazerfox

Return to Regionals & Events