Colorado Burners!

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Colorado Burners!

Postby skwhite628 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Hey I just wanted to see who else was heading to BM 2010 from Colorado, specifically the Denver Area.

Where in CO are you from? Are you staying in a camp? Have you been to Burning Man before?
skwhite628

Re: Colorado Burners!

Postby illy dilly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:43 pm

skwhite628 wrote:Where in CO are you from? Are you staying in a camp? Have you been to Burning Man before?

Originally East Aurora, now South East Denver(almost DTC), don't know the size of the camp gonna be this year, last year was my first.
Now what about you?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Boulder/ longmont

Postby Enthusiadam » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:06 am

Yeah yeah ! coming from longmont boulder area, this will be the second year out and we are just having a bunch of friends throw a camp together maybe around 5 o'clock ish?

im stoked to be back at home

Are any of you guys fire spinners / drummers? if so, or if not we should getogether before the burn! its always great to see faces you reconize out there! even if you have only met them once

But every sunday at confluence park in denver ( right behind the REI by the aquarium) we have drumming circles and fire spinning, come check it out
Enthusiadam

Burners in Boulder

Postby greenthumb85 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Boulder burner here, getting ready for year 3 on the playa and I can't wait!! Any Colorado burners thinking about checking out apogaea (regional burn) this year? I skipped it last year, but am planning to make it this year, and would like to find some other people to go with.

I'm interested in making some burner friends pre playa, but I doubt I'll be a resource for a ride or camp for any one. I'm planning on leaving colorado about a month before the burn to see friends on the way. And I am already in an over sized camp, 30-60 people, we'll probably split into two camps just to make things easier.

So Who's down for Apogaea? Apogaea is June 10-13, save the dates
Experience art naked!
greenthumb85

Re: All

Postby skwhite628 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:58 am

This is my first burn and I'm from Boulder but I will be going with a theme camp out of Denver.

Enthusiadam: the drum circle and fire dancing sounds awesome! I might check that out!

Greenthumb85: I've never heard of Apogaea and I don't think I'll be going just because I'm trying to save up for BM supplies and stuff.

If you guys could tell a virgin burner one thing what would it be?
skwhite628

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:08 pm

I guess mine would be: Why not us?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby illy dilly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Cause you're not from Colorado Pyro
My one thing: Desert camping isn't as different from Mountain camping as you might think. Just remember, you don't have a wood burning fire!
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

As a matter of fact, we do! Ygmir is creating the burn barrel for our camp this year and our vintner is bringing along 1/4 cord of firewood. So should the nights get chilly (or you need to incinerate those pesky cardboard beer case holders), we're all set.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby illy dilly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:As a matter of fact, we do! Ygmir is creating the burn barrel for our camp this year and our vintner is bringing along 1/4 cord of firewood. So should the nights get chilly (or you need to incinerate those pesky cardboard beer case holders), we're all set.

Hell yeah!
I was talking more of a 3' wide fire pit lined with rocks that you could cook on/in. I'm sure there is a way to cook in a burn barrel though.
illy dilly

Postby Edana » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Another CO person here. From just outside Longmont. We'll be camping in Kidsville with another family from Longmont.

And we are fire spinners too.
Edana

Postby illy dilly » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Awesome, its nice to meet you Edana!
Are you gonna make it to Apogaea?
illy dilly

Postby Edana » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:46 pm

We're going to miss Apo this year (we were there last year). Just TOO MUCH going on this summer already!
Edana

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 pm

SKWHITE: which camp are you camping with at BM? You definitely don't want to miss out on Apogaea 2010. It's an amazing time and a great way to meet your fellow Colorado Burners. Look for me at Hula Hideaway!
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby PrincessLea » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

Hi I'm from Durango. We have a large theme camp this year called Mountain Mayhem (about 50 of us). Were bringing a large full serice bar, a 25 ft tall mountain that you can sled down, and a stage with live music and performances all week. We do have a handful of fire spinners, dj's, and a house band, Liquid Cheese. Not sure if I'll be at Apogaea this year because ive got a few festies already going on that month. But if I can afford it, I'll be there. :)
PrincessLea

Postby illy dilly » Wed May 05, 2010 12:33 pm

PrincessLea wrote:Hi I'm from Durango. We have a large theme camp this year called Mountain Mayhem (about 50 of us). Were bringing a large full serice bar, a 25 ft tall mountain that you can sled down, and a stage with live music and performances all week. We do have a handful of fire spinners, dj's, and a house band, Liquid Cheese. Not sure if I'll be at Apogaea this year because ive got a few festies already going on that month. But if I can afford it, I'll be there. :)

That sounds Amazing!
Sadly I'm not going to make Apogaea either.
Let me know if there is anything I can help with.
illy dilly

boulder/longmont

Postby hitekhouse » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Im going with a small camp from boulder
first time for me soo ill wait to see how i can contribute to
an awsome time !!

as i sit here and read about Apogaea and the dates i realize that i would have to start driving there now to get to the end of the event.

oh well ill have to wait for the big one.
hitekhouse

Re: boulder/longmont

Postby illy dilly » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:45 pm

hitekhouse wrote:Im going with a small camp from boulder
first time for me soo ill wait to see how i can contribute to
an awsome time !!

as i sit here and read about Apogaea and the dates i realize that i would have to start driving there now to get to the end of the event.

oh well ill have to wait for the big one.

Sucks missing an awesome time.
But just think that this way you'll be able to save more resources for BRC. At least thats what i'm telling my self.
illy dilly

Postby Tardis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:33 am

Coming from Longmont....camping in Fire Camp (BRC's working firehouse) at 3 o'clock and C. Look forward to seeing you out there on the playa.
Tardis

Postby illy dilly » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Tardis wrote:Coming from Longmont....camping in Fire Camp (BRC's working firehouse) at 3 o'clock and C. Look forward to seeing you out there on the playa.

Nice what day are you heading out? Maybe we can Caravan it?
illy dilly

boulder coloRADoh virgin here

Postby lovelifec8 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am

hey there!

manifesting metropolis!

can not wait to play on the playa

would love to share this perma-grin i wear with the co community

any events/happenings/gatherings in store before the exodus?

speaking of... might need a ride :)
~ in love & light ~
lovelifec8

Postby soul_rebel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:56 am

First time Burner from the heart of Denver. Comin out with my lady friend and one of our great friends... and a keg (among many other things). Tryin to get as much info as I can if anyones has any suggestions I'd love to here them. One other thing that is a bit unclear to me. You can bring your car in but it can't be moved until you leave correct?
Much Love
PEACE
soul_rebel

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am

Yes you drive in (at 4 MPH) find a camping spot, get out and ask around to see if any one is using that area then park and set up.

Good luck with the keg...it's doable but a Pain in the face.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby illy dilly » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:39 pm

I've thought about bringing a keg, and I came to the conclusion that the only way to do it right would be to bring a kegerator and a generator.

Now if you could find a way to get a generator to run off beer foam, you'd be set for life!
illy dilly

Postby illy dilly » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:38 am

BUMP
and

I wondering what day and time other folks are leaving Denver. Maybe trying to put together a caravan.
illy dilly

Postby Kodachrome-Burning » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:23 pm

First ever burn, from Aspen, already on the road doing a book project that this will be a part of:

http://www.kodachromeproject.com

Looking for a theme camp. I am 100% self sufficient, small pop-up solar powered camper on my Tacoma.

Mountain Mayhem sounds cool...
I don't need the World at my fingertips - it's planted firmly beneath my feet
Kodachrome-Burning

coloRADo burners

Postby orangepeelmoses » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:45 am

born in SF,
grew up in SE CO
(50 miles east of pueblo)

currently reside in the Mile High club of Denver
(City Park area)

probably camping with ToneAge
(930 Eish?)

booked to play Center Camp Cafe stage Thurs morn at 8 am

also involved with Black Rock Historical Society Bingo--
Hump Day at High Noon
(ToneAge)

this will be my 11th Burn:)

george
orangepeelmoses

Postby macrophage68 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Orange Peel! We rocked the Hula Hideaway Camp Friday afternoon at Apogaea. I was your DJ. Loved it! Can we team up again?

I am a Boulder burner, heading in for my ninth burn. I'll be camping with a crew of High Country types and Bay Areans. Look for a Colorado flag near 8:30 and G or so.
macrophage68

Contraptionists?

Postby Mansoon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:42 am

Was looking for some friends from this camp. Think they were out of Boulder. Met them the last 2 years, and they seemed to be a longtime camp, but this year they seen to have gone missing? Any news?
Mansoon

Colorado people at 8:30-ish & G

Postby Cassidy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:25 am

macrophage68 wrote:I am a Boulder burner, heading in for my ninth burn. I'll be camping with a crew of High Country types and Bay Areans. Look for a Colorado flag near 8:30 and G or so.

We'll be trying to park the RV somewhere around there too. We'll have the RV wrapped in tiki/bamboo theme and also have a small CO flag flying. Come by and say "Hi" unless we see you first... 8)

Planning on leaving the Fort early Sunday and heading out I-80 west, if anyone wants to caravan at that time. Let me know and we can watch out for each other.

Peace!
Cassidy

Postby illy dilly » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:34 pm

What time is early? We're trying to leave Denver around 9am on Sunday morning.
How long do ya'll plan to spend driving?
Do ya'll have a CB? We have CB radio, but I have no idea how to use it.
Were in an 89 Fleetwood Bounder. We have temp tags on it for now.
illy dilly

Next

Return to Regionals & Events