Bay Area "Deals"

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Bay Area "Deals"

Postby dman » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:29 am

Santa Clara is having it annual cleanup drive through the first week of April. Just driving around yesterday I saw lots of bits that would make great additions to many a playa encampment. Poles & pipes of various types & sizes that would make great dome struts, bikes that with a bit of tuning and decoration would make suitable playa transport, netting like material to use for fencing to keep strays out of sensitive areas, etc.

Technically, it is illegal to poach stuff, but "everyone" does it, and I have never seen or heard of any citations or even "talking to's". Still, YMMV. The cleanup runs more or less north to south. Here's a link:

http://www.ci.santa-clara.ca.us/index-A ... ignMap.pdf
"Yes, but is it art?" "No, Art is over there, on the couch."
dman

Two-way radios at Fry's

Postby dman » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:39 am

For those of you interested in cheap FRS/GMRS radios, Fry's has some on sale now for $9.99 without rebate. Limit 1 (but you can always go through the line multiple times; on any given weekend or evening the chances of getting the same checker are fairly low at any of the three near me).

I can't vouch for the quality of these units. The ad says the make is Cobra, which rings a bell as a vendor of decent stuff in the CB world from many years back.

I have seen radios (maybe not this exact make/model) as cheap as $0 with rebate from Fry's, so waiting and watching may pay off.

Here's a link to store locations (wow, didn't know they had so many):

http://www.frys.com/

Oh, and I don't work for Frys, Cobra, or have any relationship with Fry's other than being a customer of theirs from time to time.
"Yes, but is it art?" "No, Art is over there, on the couch."
dman

Return to Regionals & Events