Elf Fest 2004 Lothlorien Nature Sanctuary, Southern Indiana

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Elf Fest 2004 Lothlorien Nature Sanctuary, Southern Indiana

Postby vega » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:11 am

Hey guys, this event is definately not as big as burning man, although I have not yet attended and am dying to go, but its still kick ass, I've been going sense I was 6 weeks old. Its May 25th-31st, free merchanting-set up on May 24th. BYO tent and camping gear. Drumming circles, fire spinning, twirling, throwing, blowing, you name it!! workshops, rituals, an on site cafe and more:
Available On Site:
Firewood,
Water,
Showers,
Composting privies
Recycling
Solar Electrified Sound Stage
We also strive to leave no trace, thats why we ask you to carry out your own trash please. It is honestly an incredible experience. For more info please vist: www.elflore.org Its cheap and if you can't afford it, you can always barter in by working, at registration, the kitchen, shower house, (oh did I mention we have a sauna and are located on 109 acres of pristine, Indiana forest, we opperate primarily on solar electricity.) heralding, parking and more... :shock:
vega

Postby Licentious Queen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:38 pm

This sounds really awesome! Thanks for the info!

Are there a lot of people costumed in the Tolkien elf or just elf/faerie/pixie fashion?
What the fuck ails you?
Licentious Queen

Elves

Postby vega » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:06 pm

Yeah, people dress up in all sorts of weird costuming, there are people wearing horns and wings and giant green elf ears, there are also people wearing nothing what so ever, seeing as there is a sky clad (nudity) allowed policy. I've been to pretty much every festival ever thrown, its just a great way to meet new people and a great place for self expression, there are fire spinners, and dancers, a bonfire (however not as big as burning man) tons of drummers, chanters and other muscians, theres a cafe I happen to wait tables at. we have 109 acres of membership owned wooded area, plus there is a community building and composting outhouses, pretty much everything is ran on solar electric, we have a sauna and swimming hole. Its just really fun, we normally get between 2-5 hundred people, although we'd love more. Thanks for replying.
vega

Return to Regionals & Events