I NEED TO MEET SOME FELLOW BURNERS AND HAVE SOME FUN!

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

I NEED TO MEET SOME FELLOW BURNERS AND HAVE SOME FUN!

Postby Tweeky » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:37 pm

HELP ME! I am living in a very conservative town (Holland) although I grew up in Santa Cruz. I am looking for some insane people to hang out with and I have a car which I want to rig up with some pyrotechnics. Do you know of any Mi. burners who would like to get involved? How do I find out about backyard burns and other local events?
Thanks,
Tweeky
Tweeky

Hi there

Postby poosie_kat » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:17 pm

You may want to try to contact someone from Robotland, Kamp Kalamazoo (Hushville)

I'm not affiliated with them, but I'm also from the midwest (Indiana.)

Have you tried yahoo groups? You may find something there.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
Ape-Rule
poosie_kat

Postby Cooky » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:27 pm

Tweeky,
I'd suggest joining the Michigan Burners yahoogroup and posting your location and ideas of things you'd like to do, perhaps you can find fellow West Michigan folks. I try to post all of the events I know about involving burners or of possible interest to burners, but since I'm based in Detroit, they have tended to be metro-Detroitcentric so far. I'll gladly forward on burner related events from all over the state if they come to my attention.

to join the yahoo group:
MI_BM-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

if you want to email me:
michigan(at)burningman.com

Cooky
Cooky

Electric Boat Invasion

Postby robotland » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:58 am

I'm in the initial stages of putting together an art event for Saugatuck....Since that community is very art-friendly AND has visible access to the water from downtown, I was thinking that an invasion of kayaks, paddleboats, canoes or what-have-you tricked out with as much 12V neon, EL and other lighting as we can manage would be a fun way to spend a weekend evening this summer....I plan to do this by myself anyway, but if you'd like to join me than the more, the merrier....If it looks like more than one or two folks are interested, maybe we can turn this into Floating Man 2004!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Return to Regionals & Events