St. Louis Area

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

St. Louis Area

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:39 am

We are in St. Louis and '04 will be our first Burn....we will be meeting up with friends in Reno before heading to the burn, but does anyone have any interest in caravaning out to Reno? It will be a long, but awesome drive...who else is driving???

Let your Burn experience begin the moment we leave the Arch in the dust :twisted:
NaughtySnowAngel

st. louie

Postby mchica » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:28 pm

hi i live close to st. louis and was contemplating heading out to burning man 4...i've never been before and i'm not quite sure if i will definitely be going or not...but perhaps we could chat about caravaning together if the opportunity arises. :)

Mar
mchica

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:06 pm

Okie Dokie then....if you decide to go let me know! It is a done deal for me, I will be attending in '04, and recently found out I will be going solo as my husband's graduate program resumes mid-August, and since it is his last semester he can't miss a single class with out suffering some pretty hefty consequences, so he will have to wait til '05 to experience the Burn.

So now I am left to the solo drive of 1,800 plus miles, would loveto have a caravan of people to head out with, but either way it will be an enlightening drive of self growth if all goes as planned :wink:
NaughtySnowAngel

long drive west...

Postby LeChatNoir » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:08 am

Once again, I am planning on going to BRC this year. And I might actually make it this time. I'll be heading out of Louisville, Ky and caravanning might be a good thing. I know from experience that it sucks to have problems on the road and be alone (especially if you’re a big ugly guy like me... I’ve tried showing some skin, but they only accelerate). Plus it would be nice to have a semi-local sounding board, as this will also be my first time out. Planning on camping out of my truck, but don't know exactly how it works for doing such (getting vehicle to a spot, or even finding a spot in the first place, etc...). Yes... green as a new sprout. Though it may just work out in it's own chaotic way by going without having met anyone first, I have to feel that having your toes-ies a little damp would ease the process of finding a nesting spot out in the desert.
LeChatNoir

Postby Immersed » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:50 pm

Any burners or pre-burners out there, there will be a Midwest burn, called Interfuse, going down on the weekend of April 24th outside of Columbia Missouri. We would love to celebrate life with ya!
Check out www.midwestpagan.com for more info
Immersed

Postby cavette » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:20 pm

hi yas,

i as well am a first timer. and i may be going alone. or at least as far as Cali. i may have a companion but the more the merrier right? especially if were talking a caravan and not just a car pool. so feel free to type at me.
cavette

Postby bogeyman » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:43 pm

I will be heading out of St.Louis as well. I'd love to talk with those interested in renting a large vehicle together. I would also contribute anything needed in exchange for a ride, as transportation will be my only hindrance.
bogeyman

Postby cavette » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:45 pm

i would love to rent a bus. like a school bus or someting. but i don't have a choufers (sp) license.
cavette

Postby bogeyman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:16 pm

i will have room for another and their gear if anyone is needing a ride to Interfuse. I will be coming from Washington, Mo.
bogeyman

Postby precipitate » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:31 am

> but i don't have a choufers (sp) license.

Indeed.
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby MsEAZY » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:48 pm

hi,
i live in memphis now but im from stl. 3 of us are headed out this year & may be interested ina 4th who is willing to split the cost of a rental van. otherwise were also interested in community camping. do most of you virgins have camp site plans yet?
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
MsEAZY

Postby Simply Joel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:27 pm

May I recommend two highways...

State Road 26, Nebraska which follows the Oregon-California trail.

http://doroads.nol.org/maps/highway/sta ... ont-03.pdf

and

State Highway 50, Nevada

http://www.nevadadot.com/traveler/maps/statemaps/

two excellent drives...
Simply Joel

Return to Regionals & Events