San Diego Decom is FIREPROOF!

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

San Diego Decom is FIREPROOF!

Postby Mark Hinkley » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:50 am

The following miraculous news came in this morning. SD Decom is back on with much, much more to celebrate - and fewer fire safety issues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning I was able to get through to my house for the first time. The fire burned up to and in some places over my back fence, which is less than 20 feet from the house. The fire said, 'excuse me' and went around to the west, burning the entire field behind my house and on the west side of my house. It burned into my back garden. It burned part of ONE of the pvc legs of Figgy's dome. It burned the doors I had leaned against the back fence last Saturday when we were cleaning out the garage for Xara. It did not burn the house! The chickens are alive and well (and hungry!).
I can't tell you what I felt when I drove up my driveway, saw the two houses in the front intact, saw the greenhouses in front of my house scorched but standing, and then saw the Satreheden, in all it's funky glory! My house standing calm as ever, all intact, with scorched fields stopping at my fences. It's impossible. But it's real. Somehow, there was enough green, or enough ditch or enough love to make this beast take a side step. UN fucking believable!
I am as much in shock now as over the past two days. I came back to my office to write to you all with my joyous news. I'm about to go home now, move back in and take a shower! Lucy already got to run around her home and get her paws all dirty and black in the fields she is used to roaming.

And so, this means: THE SHOW MUST GO ON! THE SAN DIEGO DECOM IS UN-CANCELLED! THIS WILL BE ONE HELL OF A PARTY! BURNERS UNITE! WHOOOPEEE!

With all my love and gratitude and amazement toward all of you. I haven't a time when I've felt more love from more people.

InDeAmazingMiracleGardenOfEden
Mark Hinkley

Postby Jane Eric » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:06 am

Amazing stroke of luck. Thankfully!

Glad you posted that all is okay with you and your.s
Jane Eric

Postby Ivy » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:44 pm

I would just like to say:

HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!
Ivy

Postby Cheesus » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:13 pm

Ivy wrote:I would just like to say:

HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!

I second that emotion! Glad to hear one bright and shining piece of good news today.
Cheesus

San Diego Decom is Fireproof

Postby Kath » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:21 pm

Marc,

We're all very HAPPY to hear you are safe & sound. All of us at Pinky's have been thinking, worrying & sending lots O Love to our Playa friends down south. Thank god our Xara's didn't go down in flames, sounds like it was way to close javascript:emoticon(':oops:'). San Diego here we come.

XOXOXOXOX

Kath
Kath

Return to Regionals & Events