New Mexico Burning Regional 3sidedwhole

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

New Mexico Burning Regional 3sidedwhole

Postby MikeyFisher » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:57 pm

Will be hosting an event for the fullmoon/full lunar eclipse Sat. Nov. 8th.

for more information and be put on our email list for events contact
DjMikeyFisher@aol.com
FamilyMoons@hotmail.com

or go to
www.familymoons.com

click on whats happening!
and we got there laughing...
MikeyFisher

Postby blyslv » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:12 am

Awesome time! I went to their fall event and met fantastic people and had a great time. I won't make this event however...
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Isotopia » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:03 pm

I'm still nor clued into what actually represents a 'Regional.'

Is it just a gathering of folks that stay in contact with each other from a particular area and then meet up?

Is it something actually 'sanctioned' by the BMORG. I'm kinda curious. All the more so as I understand the 3sidedwhole event that was put on last year was one in which vending by participants was taking place - which sounds kinda funky for a event that supposedly has some ties with the BM community.

What's the story morning glory?
Isotopia

Postby DE FACTO » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:13 pm

Is there a website similar to eplaya in the new mexico region that represents the Burningman community there?

just curious.
even though...........
DE FACTO

Postby MikeyFisher » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:21 pm

Isotopia, last year when we hosted the annual 3sidedhole event we were not a part of the regionals for Burningman.
Im not too sure how the Regionals is working other members of our crew are more directly involved with this, but it will deff. change the feel of this years event coming up in Mid May.
Were all very excited for this and the land and energy of the land has been partaking in some nice evolution.

DeFacto, a board for 3sidedwhole jjjjjjjjuuuust was created @

http://pub63.ezboard.com/b3sidedwhole

and the actual 3sidedwhole website is going to be in seeeerious transition soon seeing that it hasnt been updated since right after our 02' event
thats at
www.3sidedwhole.com
keep an eye on it the change will occur.

in the mean time Family Productions from ABQ. has become part backbone crew for the 3sided community here and were at

www.familymoons.com

:)
MikeyFisher

Postby Isotopia » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:38 pm

but it will deff. change the feel of this years event coming up in Mid May.

By this I'm assuming you mean that issues such as vending and whatnot will be discourged/banned?

FWIW, I heard from friends who did attend that it was an interesting gathering. The humorous part that was conveyed back - and this ISN'T meant as a hit or jibe at you guys - is that it good number of people trying to put it on last year decided that they wanted a "Burning Man' style event but that most of the shakers in putting the thing together had never actually been. Also hear that the land where the event was held was pretty damn cool.

I'm also trying to get a feel for some fellow there along with his wife (I believe) who's been setting up similar gatherings in and around NM for a few years now. The friends I mentioned who attended did in all honesty get a mildly weird vibe from one person there who they said called (or alluded) to himself as being the 'leader' of the 3sidedwhole 'family.'

Not having been there myself I'm sure that the devil is in the details but have to admit that 'leader' in any context remotely related to BM automatically raises a flag for me. I'd be interested to hear your take on the event and not so much on my concerns. I really don't mean to suggest that the evnt is anything other than a gathering of likeminded souls but I am curious as the friends in question are pretty observant lads.
Isotopia

Postby blyslv » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:46 pm

Isotopia,

I do NOT speak for the 3SidedWhole, but I've had contact with them and am helping them out with some issues. I do know that they are wrestling with some of the issues you mentioned. I was not at last years event. The one I attended in the Fall had no vending and a wonderful vibe. I imagine it was similar to early BM events, a smal;l group of people getting to know one another and doing crazy stuff. The group actually predates any affiliation with BMORG by about 5 years, and I know that the "tribal elders" of the 3SidedWhole are trying to figure out just what the relationship between them and the BMORG might look like.

I was there for a work party last weekend. There is an art barn, straw-bale cabin, a very nice perfomrance space/chill room combo, and a fire sculpture that was on the playa this year. Plus a growing pile of steel scraps, bwahahahah! There's a lot of artists and creative energy devoted to making this space work. Because of the recent BM affiliation, I doubt that there will be vending at future events. If your shorts are still in a knot <ducks> contact me off board and I'll put you in touch with the peeps.

This does raise an interesting question. What do regionals get when they affiliate with the BMORG? They get some instant name recognition, a set of rules and a well developed ethos. I'm on the periphary of these conversations, and I don't really care how 3SidedWhole aligns itself with the BMORG, I just want to see it be a success by fostering art, community and creativity in New Mexico.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby MikeyFisher » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:11 pm

Well it appears every years gathering is morphing and changing, as we all change and grow. Ive been out at 3sidedhole since 01' and its had many directions.
02' had weird vibes for me. so intense that i actually left on the 4th evening out of 5 days.
however
the 03' event for me went over pretty well, yes there was vending and there were issues that did arise, which were then smoothed. ummm

This year we are organizing in a different fasion with weekly meetings and i would say great progression. As far as im aware there is no vending occuring at the up coming event. Im glad for this. If you do have questions or concerns you can contact myself and i will forward it to the proper people or even announce it in the next meeting.
You can reach me at
DjMikeyFisher@aol.com
MikeyFisher

Return to Regionals & Events