San Francisco Burner Events

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

San Francisco Burner Events

Postby trulydoolally » Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:05 pm

Where is a good place to find out out SF Burner Events?
Most of my friends are not burners and the people I camped with this year are not in SF. I really miss hanging with burners when I get back from the Playa. I know the Odeon is a good hangout, and that the Squidlist often has related events, but I'm a bit reluctant to go to some of these events on my own.
Decompression seems so far away :(

Are there any monthly events like they have down in Santa Cruz and in other areas? It would be great to be able to meet up with burners on a regular basis.
trulydoolally

Postby Tiara » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:11 pm

I'm not aware of any regular weekly/monthly events in the Bay Area.

But my assumption has always been that reunions of that sort aren't really necessary in the Bay Area, because there are so many Burners around, and so many Burner-friendly events happening EVERY week.

Many of them are announced on the SquidList. You might also keep an eye out for things sponsored by Anon Salon. Cell Space and SomArts tend to be Burner-friendly venues, so keep an eye on their calendars as well.

Don't be afraid to just show up. You're sure to meet people there!

Another thing you can do is volunteer your time at the BM office on 3rd St in San Francisco.
Tiara

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:02 pm

Spin Jam, If you like firespinning skill toys and the like is put on weekly in San Fran by Infinite Kaos, (Opulent Temple of Kaos) False Profit (monkey vs Robot) also does year round events, best to get on their mailing lists. How Weird Street Fair is another good place to meet burners.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Re: San Francisco Burner Events

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:37 am

trulydoolally wrote:Where is a good place to find out out SF Burner Events?

you should really ask alice.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby rodent » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:40 pm

trulydoolally, you know, this is a wonderful oportunity for you to START something. A part of the point of Burningman is to DO things rather than waiting for something to be done for you.

Think of something fun to do, either monthly or weekly and then announce it here. It doesn't have to be a big, complex affair, it can be simple and fun. For instance, you could have an Air Hockey Get Together, Tea Time at Trulydoolally's House, ELWire Users Group, Stich'n'Bitch Costuming/Sewing Party, Sandcastle Construction Party at the beach, Playa Chow Cookoff, Marco-Polo Pool Party with Martini's and Love.

Spend ten minutes thinging about it, something will come to mind. But, most importantly... DO SOMETHING and INCLUDE OTHERS! You never know what may happen.

rodent (putting the eek in geek)
"There's not a word yet,
for old friends, who just met"
-Gonzo, "I'm Going to go Back There Someday"
rodent

Return to Regionals & Events