to the fuckheads that stole my art car!!!!

Look for something or someone you left behind.

Rangers rule

Postby thehunt » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:03 am

Badger wrote:
If you figure that on average there are maybe - maybe - 30 Rangers on any given shift throughout the day that comes out to 1 ranger for every thousand people. At any time we're dealing with injuries (1200+ this year), people in severly altered states, dehydration, rampant speeding of vehicles, drunken disturbances that may (or may not) end up in physical altercations, people capturing images of naked folks for whatever reasons, camp disturbances, structural failures, domestic disturbances, boundary issues of camps involving scores of pissed off people, assault, nut cases, plane crashes, gate crashers, lost participants, dosing, excessive noise complaints, ambulance and air evacuations.

That is one of the best quotes I've ever read.
This is really eye-opening. You don't really think about what the rangers do and look out for when you are having the time of your life.

Wouldn't that be crazy if more and more people began to volunteer, until there are so many people that are helping that it works out that you only actually have like a small shift, since more would be contributing their time. That would make it a running working society that volunteers to fix the problems within.

Anyways,
The Rangers really do alot for us out there...
Thank you for volunteering your own playa time to help others...big brother.
The Hunt \<>/ Eric Huntington - DJ, Producer, Abstract Artist - picassocamp.org/gallery
My Group: Enlightenmen
email: thehunt@live.com
thehunt

Postby Badger » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:58 am

No prob.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

no cops?

Postby ScoutDG » Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 pm

OK, so I get that the rangers aren't cops -- and I don't really want them to be. Mostly I find them to be more like helpers -- which is nice.

But, we do have cops out on the playa. So, for serious shit (which I'd rate the theft of an art car), I don't get why a ranger wouldn't (a) contact or facilitate contact with the cops, and (b) use the radios to say "Hey -- anybody see a (describe art car) lately? Reportedly it's stolen."
ScoutDG

Previous

Return to 2003 Lost & Found