Girl needs ride from SF to BRC

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Girl needs ride from SF to BRC

Postby Haywire » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:05 pm

I've got gas money and entertainment. Don't have a bunch of stuff to bring, though. Let me know if you've got room- I can leave anytime after the 26th.

Thanks.
Haywire

Postby gxaoui » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:36 am

Hay I saw you post looking for a ride to Burning Man.
Space for two, leaving on Friday 8/27 Evening. (Driving the mountains at night is cooler for my truck and less traffic to slow us down more.)
I have a large truck and will be pulling a big trailer; there will be some extra space for bikes and gear.
I will do all the driving, all you will need to do is navigate a little, help keep me awake/amused and fed/watered. (I will supply the food and drink) The truck cab is extended and can easily fit 3, a 5’3” person can lay across the rear bench seat.
I have A/C, and comfortable seats, radio and tape player, but not much music. (I am not into, rock, pop, or C/W, preferring electronica, techno, tribal, more modern stuff.)
The drive will take about 8 hours, depending on traffic and stopping times. My destination is center camp, arriving before dawn Saturday. Any help in fuel cost would be appreciated. Drop me a line and we can figure something out. I will be returning no earlier than Tuesday 9/7.
gxaoui at gxaoui dot com
gxaoui

Re: Girl needs ride from SF to BRC

Postby bamboo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:01 am

Hi! I'm heading out to the playa on Tuesday morning (31st), and returning on Monday. I'm male, 35, non-smoker, and am renting a small van from SFO for the drive. I might camp in Happyland myself. Just sharing the gas would be fine with me. What do you think?

- Bamboo

Haywire wrote:I've got gas money and entertainment. Don't have a bunch of stuff to bring, though. Let me know if you've got room- I can leave anytime after the 26th.

Thanks.
bamboo

Return to 2004 Share