Can anyone help me fill a water mattress?

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Can anyone help me fill a water mattress?

Postby jalbert » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:10 pm

Hello All,

Part of my installation involves a Coleman air mattress that we're going to fill with water - to make an ad-hoc waterbed.

I'm hoping theres a resource on the Playa to fill the mattress on site, preferably with a pressurized hose, so i don't have to fill it in LA and drive it out on a truck.

Anyone that can help us out will be rewarded with a VIP tour of the Temple of Mom - a re-create your childhood installation that will take you back to the womb (hence the waterbed), a bosom couch (where you can re-experience breastfeeding and select from a variety of flavors from our milkbar), an oversize crib (where you can throw a tantrum), grandma's closet (where you can try on oversize clothes), and preschool.

on tuesday, be sure to show up for the 7th Grade Dance - playing middle school classics from 1955 - 1995 - boys on one side, girls on the other....chaperones included :)

gifts of food and drink also included.

-Jordan

jordan@jalbert.biz
jalbert

Postby nostratomas » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:36 am

Jordan,

please do yourself a favor & test the water in the air mattress thing pre-playa. I am not sure it can handle the weight of water pressure. Water weighs over 8lbs per gallon. I suck at math but that's a f*%ken heavy mattress.

I bet you could find a cheap water bed mattress on Craigslist.org, recycler.com or here.

anyway the guy you want to speak with is Honey watertruckdave@hotmail.com. He is ready to bring water to projects like yours.

Good Luck & piece.
If you can't ride it, burn it.
nostratomas

Postby jalbert » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:24 pm

N.-

thanks for the concern - we did test it. we had it filled with water for a couple weeks and had people testing it out that whole time. it seems it'll be okay as long as we don't fully inflate it.

in any case - it'll be inside a kiddie pool, so in the event that it should leak, it'll be contained.

thanks for the 411 on Honey re: water.

be sure to stop by and say hi :

The Temple of Mom

We're in the directory.

J.
jalbert

Return to 2004 Share