Virgin Burners in need of camp!

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Virgin Burners in need of camp!

Postby Nicole_Siggins » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:11 pm

Hey Burners!
I am a virgin burner that is going to be attending Burning Man this year. We had hooked ourselves up with a camp, but I guess now suddenly they aren't going??!! I'm a bit nervous, since they were veteran burners and were going to help us out with our food, water, and shipping for a small fee. We have plane tickets to Reno, and are staying at the RideShare, so we have a way to Burning Man, but we don't know where we are going to camp once we get there. Is anyone interested in adopting us? It's just me, and my friend Karen, also a virgin burner. We are both enthusiastic and love to help out.
If anyone has any suggestions on this matter, feel free to comment as well.
I'm nervous!!!!
Love,
Nicole Siggins
Nicole_Siggins

Postby Piper » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:21 pm

Nicole, I would suggest you also look at at the theme camp list on the BM web site. If you find one that you like, email them and ask if they are still taking new people, you might find everything you need.

See you at the Hostel in Reno, I live here and like helping Fred out, it starts my burn about 3 weeks early.
Peace
Piper

I said, "Man, I'd like to stay
But I'm bound for glory
I'm on my way
My ride's here...

Warren Zevon RIP
Piper

Suggestions

Postby Soul_Mongo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:03 pm

My friend abbey and I just hooked up with camp scrup-a-dub. Other camps that were interesting included camp Jeff (inside RollerDisco), and Biergarten. See you on the Playa.

Soul_Mongo
Soul_Mongo

Postby blyslv » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:08 pm

Also remember that you don't *need* to be with a camp. Many people thiunk it's better for a newbie to not be with a camp their first year, although I'm not sure why. However, you should reserve a van or car to get from Reno to the playa as soon as possible, if it's still even possible.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby ckburn » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:08 pm

Nicole,

Assuming you're aren't a trolling sock puppet (ooh, how I've been burned lately), my advice would be to check out the Theme Camps forum here:
viewforum.php?f=66

There seem to be a few camps in there recently who are actively seeking members. Beware of individuals with tiny camps (less than 5 or 10 people) who might want you two virgins camping with them for less honorable reasons.

Email me at ck at ckconsulting dot com if you just want general virgin burner advice. I enjoy dispensing it!

- CK

we believe in the force of love,
that the governing principle in
human relationships is the principle
of love, which seeks to help and heal;
never to hurt or destroy
ckburn

Burning Since: 2000

If we can help

Postby burnwithme » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:03 pm

Your first year is one of your best years and I am a full supporter of the theme camps and the comforts of such but there is something to be said for the flexibility of self reliance also. Our camp is a small camp and we have all the comforts required. We are all coming in at different times if we can be of assistance in travel and would be glad to share our experience and comforts if you like.
burnwithme

Postby Swig » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:51 pm

Hey Nicole,

As a couple of others mentioned, getting in contact directly with any camps of interest is a good idea.

Alternatively, as you're staying at Hagey's in Sparks you no doubt know he also has a theme camp on the playa. You can stay there and then move to another theme camp if you discover one that you prefer.

I'm also a first-time burner (coming from Sydney) and will see you at Hagey's!

Swig.
Swig

Postby nostratomas » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:52 am

We are currently accepting applications for Life Guards and Bartenders at Transcendent FunKtions. great location, 9:30 Mercury and all the comfort amenities of a really dusty, loud, sexy, five star hotel. but unlike most five star hotels our pool is naturally filtered through diatemitious earth, no chlorine baby. oh, and our staff is either drunk, naked, on drugs, or about to be.

"our bar never closes and please don't piss in the pool...again"
If you can't ride it, burn it.
nostratomas

Return to 2004 Share