Small space for girl - Reno to BM Fri Aug 27th?

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Small space for girl - Reno to BM Fri Aug 27th?

Postby MelissaB » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:36 pm

Hi There,

I'll be arriving Reno airport on Friday August 27 at 1 PM. I can take a taxi over to I-80 to hook up with ya'll if anyone has a little room. I won't take up much space and I don't have much gear. My camping stuff will already be there.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks
(I can help drive and pay for gas too)
MelissaB

Re: Small space for girl - Reno to BM Fri Aug 27th?

Postby Piper » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:20 pm

MelissaB wrote:Hi There,

I'll be arriving Reno airport on Friday August 27 at 1 PM. I can take a taxi over to I-80 to hook up with ya'll if anyone has a little room. I won't take up much space and I don't have much gear. My camping stuff will already be there.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks
(I can help drive and pay for gas too)

MelissaB, check out http://www.blackrockburnerhostel.com/ , You can grab a cab to the Hostel and there will be a ride, you might have to wait a bit, but if you are on an early entry list (make sure you are if you want too get on playa earlier than Monday) there are sure to be some people coming through that can take you, for that matter, I should be going out Friday also and some of the DPW guys also stop by on their way back out. You could also arange to meet a ride there. If you stop by you would be able to rest (think restroom, something to drink and even a nap if you wanted) and meet some of the international burners ... start building that playa vibe.

Peace
Piper
Peace
Piper

I said, "Man, I'd like to stay
But I'm bound for glory
I'm on my way
My ride's here...

Warren Zevon RIP
Piper

Postby MelissaB » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:04 am

Piper,

That's wonderful news and helpful information. Thanks sooo much!
I really appreciate your help -- it sounds perfect for me.

The Reno Burner Hostel sounds like a bunch of neat people, and I've heard the DPW are a cool lot too.

Hope to meet you there
Melissa B. :)
MelissaB

Postby Piper » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:05 am

Glad to help. we Nee vaa dans have to take care of eachother ;) or no one eles will

and just an add for others that see this thread, if you can give a ride out to the playa, please either contact the Hostel and let them know, or just stop by.

Fred's gift to burners is really wonderful, people will be staying there all month and rides show up from everywhere. The Hostel I belive, is full, but he has some info for people needing a ride on his website.

peace
Piper
Peace
Piper

But I'm bound for glory
I'm on my way
My ride's here...

Warren Zevon RIP
Piper

Postby MelissaB » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:40 am

Piper,

That's a good suggestion to have people with even a wee bit o room to swing by Fred's place to see if any fellow travelers need a lift at that particular time. I'm sure plenty of people will be stopping in the Reno/Sparks area anyway to buy one last "Must Have" before the final approach to Black Rock City.

Before you told me about the Black Rock Burner Hostel, I was just going to try hanging out in the Albertson's parking lot and look for people who might be going to Burning Man. The Hostel is a much better plan!

What small token of thanks do you think I could leave with the Hostel people? Do you have any idea about what might be in short supply there? Probably everything, right?

Melissa B.
8)
MelissaB

Postby lapeer20m » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:08 pm

i'm actually giving rides from the black rock burner hostel to bm on friday. You're welcome to join in the fun.
lapeer20m

Postby Piper » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:49 pm

MelissaB wrote:Piper,
I'm sure plenty of people will be stopping in the Reno/Sparks area anyway to buy one last "Must Have" before the final approach to Black Rock City.
8)

True, I spent a lot of time and gas taking Hostel members around buying those last min. things(Its what I do to help Fred out, makes me feel like I am helping)

MelissaB wrote:Before you told me about the Black Rock Burner Hostel, I was just going to try hanging out in the Albertson's parking lot and look for people who might be going to Burning Man. The Hostel is a much better plan!
8)

He had a great one! and its fun ;)

MelissaB wrote:What small token of thanks do you think I could leave with the Hostel people? Do you have any idea about what might be in short supply there? Probably everything, right?

Melissa B.
8)

Almost anything by Friday, drink, food, something cool for people to sign and leave with Fred... but just being there is a good gift too.

I have an inservice day on Friday...schoool starts the same day as BM and I have to be way ready, but I will be over at the Hostel around 3:30, so if you and lapeer are there I will be happy to spot y'all (non drivers) a beer, those of us driving can have a coke ;)
Peace
Piper

But I'm bound for glory
I'm on my way
My ride's here...

Warren Zevon RIP
Piper

Postby MelissaB » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:39 pm

Yes, indeed, indeed on the cold beer Piper.

If our timing is right, maybe we'll both get to see the Amazing Mythical Black Bus. I hear it has an honest to gosh hot tub in there.

Thanks for the ride offer Lapeer. It would be super cool to make such a grand entrance to Black Rock City in the giant bus -- I can't think of a better way. Hope I can be one of the very fortunate bus peeps.

Thanks for the book idea Piper. I think that's what I'll get. Fred and the gang won't remember yet another box o beer, but a nice guest book should last many years.

Melissa B. 8)
MelissaB

Postby nostratomas » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:23 am

Hot tub nothing, we're bringing a Pool, again.
If you can't ride it, burn it.
nostratomas

Return to 2004 Share