Ride from Reno Airport Sept 2nd!!

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Postby mgollad » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:28 pm

Hello Burners! Are y'all excited? We need a ride from reno airport on the 2nd..............Is anyone out there that can be a pal?

Thanks,
Betsy
mgollad

Postby Saskia Martin » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:34 am

HI there!!!
I too am looking for a mode of transportation from Reno airport to BRC. I had heard rumour of a shuttle but havent been able to verify that yet (still working on it).
I have received e-mails from 2 other people who are in the same situation and on the same schedule as us. So.. my suggestion is that we should RENT A CAR and split the cost so as to make it very affordable for us. I will have very little "stuff", and there certainly seem to be enough of us to make this work so... what do you think??
Saskia ;)
Saskia Martin

Postby inge » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:07 pm

hi,
A friend and I and another burner I know are looking for a ride from Reno that same day too.
We do need some space for our provisions though.
But we should all keep in contact so that we can rent a car together if necesarry.
Inge
ingiemingie@aol.com
T'is fijn om een burner te zijn
inge

Postby Saskia Martin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:07 pm

Sounds like a great idea. I would like to know whether or not to rent a car soon though, since it is quite possible that if we wait until the last minute, there may not be any rental cars still available (the larger vehicles which could fit your provisions in particular seem to be scarce). I will do some research on price.
My e-mail is: saskiamartin@yahoo.com so let's communicate ; )
Saskia
Saskia Martin

looking for a mode of transportation

Postby SoleilBen » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:24 pm

howdy me and my bf are looking for a way there on the evening of the 2nd.. we'll pitch up on a car or whatever we have to do . if you've got any ideas please write to cryptichush@aol.com
Yo Yo!
SoleilBen

looking for a mode of transportation

Postby SoleilBen » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:24 pm

howdy me and my bf are looking for a way there on the evening of the 2nd.. we'll pitch up on a car or whatever we have to do . if you've got any ideas please write to cryptichush@aol.com
Yo Yo!
SoleilBen

Postby BurntJoJo » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:53 pm

Let me know where you netted out! I need a ride to the playa from the airport too. I am into pitching into a rental car. I travel light! Let me know what you all ended up doing.

LAJoanna@aol.com
Thanks! Jo
BurntJoJo

HAVE MY OWN UHAUL TRUCK!, GOING UP ON THE 2ND!!

Postby darren y » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:20 pm

Hey all i live in Carson City just south of Reno i'm headed up to the playa on the 2nd, i have lots of room for any one who is interested.....
email me at : darreny@charter.net
aka: Mr. Mister
darren y

Postby Saskia Martin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:54 pm

Hi! SoleilBen sorry for the late response, I have been traveling and had no e-mail access. I found a ride to BM about 10 days ago but since then have received several inquiries and offers. YOu are not the only one out there still looking. Keep trying it will work out. how about hooking up with some of these other people still looking for a ride and renting a car together with them?
Best! Saskia
Saskia Martin

Hi! SoleilBen sorry for the late response, I have been traveling and had no e-mail access. I found a ride to BM about 10 days ago but since then have received several inquiries and offers. YOu are not the only one out there still looking. Keep trying it will work out. how about hooking up with some of these other people still looking for a ride and renting a car together with them?
Best! Saskia
Saskia Martin

Best! Saskia
Saskia Martin

rideshare

Postby pixiecup » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:29 pm

I, too, am hoping to carpool from Reno airport on Sept. 2. I arrive around 11pm, and my return flight leaves early evening on Sept. 6.

I'm planning to rent a mid-sized car, and will stop to shop before heding to the desert on the 2nd. Anyone interested in sharing the rental car and gas with me?

Thanks,
--Jess, a newbie Burner.
pixiecup

interested in ride to the playa or sharing rental

Postby tickledpink » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:15 pm

Hi,

My friend who doesn't have internet access at the moment is flying into Reno on the 2nd as well. She will be riding back in a car, and so only needs one way transportation. She doesn't have a flight booked yet so she can be flexible, but would prefer to head out earlier in the day. She'd sure love to rideshare with y'all!

If she can't find a ride, she'll have to rent a car anyway, so I suppose if someone really needs a round trip committment to help with expenses, she'd consider flying back, but needs to make a decision and book soon.

Please email me at jujusma@xmission.com and I'll put you in touch with her - we live in UTah, so you can send me a # and I'll have her call you or I can send you her #.

Thanks!
Trixie
tickledpink
tickledpink

Postby darren y » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:43 am

plan 2 head out of reno area on the road to Playa,
around noon (+/-) on Thur the 2nd
anyone needing a ride or something hauled?
get ahold of me ASAP!

darreny@charter.net

email me for my #,
darren y

Postby darren y » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:50 pm

The truck is filling up fast!!
(apparently i'm gonna need another couch!!)
I 'm leaving the Reno airport ~1 pm on thur the 2nd ,
(hopefully going straight to the Playa!!)
i've got a uhaul with a couch in the back, very well ventilated back there,

so if ya don't mind a couple hour ride in the back with all the gear & a few other people....

if your interested let me know.... ASAP!!

Darren Y.
darren y

Postby darren y » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:19 am

I just picked up 2 more couches so I've got more room for anyone who doesn't mind riding in the back!!

leaving the reno airport ! 1pm on thur. the second!

come 1 come all!!

email me 2 confirm your spot!!

Darren Y.

darreny@charter.net
darren y

Re: rideshare

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:04 pm

pixiecup wrote:I, too, am hoping to carpool from Reno airport on Sept. 2. I arrive around 11pm, and my return flight leaves early evening on Sept. 6.

I'm planning to rent a mid-sized car, and will stop to shop before heding to the desert on the 2nd. Anyone interested in sharing the rental car and gas with me?

Thanks,
--Jess, a newbie Burner.

Jess, I'm also a first timer to the Playa. I'll be arriving Reno around 8pm and am looking for a ride. Will share cost of gas, or whatever to get there. I've got a friend who'll be giving me a ride back to Reno on Monday, so wont need a ride back (probably), but will stay in touch if this works out for us to share.
Please get back and let me know if this will happen as its gettin' late and I'm to the point of looking at hitchin' out to the playa.
Peace - Slim
stephenlmiller@hotmail.com
Slim

Postby sethk » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:07 pm

I live in Reno and I have a four door sedan with a large trunk and a bike rack. If somebody can help me find a ticket for $250 or less, I can give them a ride. I'm flexible on times.
sethk

Return to 2004 Share