Looking for RV Mate

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Looking for RV Mate

Postby RingO'Fire » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:30 pm

burningsteve from Ohio and I are planning on renting an RV and are looking for a potential RV mate, or possibly two, to share the RV with us and help defray costs.

Both of us are Bman newbies, single, straight, mellow, easygoing 30-somethingish professionals, and are fairly easy to get along with. We are seeking one or two people to share our 29 foot RV with us.

We will be flying into Vegas on Friday or Saturday, August 27 or 28. We will pick up the RV firts thing Monday morning and drive up the 500 miles or so to BRC. We should be there Monday by late afternoon/early evening. If need be, we could pick you up in Reno or somewhere else along the way. We will depart sometime Sunday Sept 5. We will be camping with the Lamplighters near Center Camp.

We've informally declared the RV a "Drama-Free Zone" and will do our best to keep it that way. We both do like to party a bit, but are not interested in an "Animal House" type scene.

I'm sure we could accomodate everyone's needs. We've agreed that open, honest communications and consideration of everyone's needs, feelings, etc. are a must for this thing to work.

If you're interested, let's discuss the possibility of you staying with us.
PM or email me or post a reply here in this thread.

Thanks,
Steve W

http://www.vegasrv.com/rates.html
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby giefu » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:35 am

If you haven't reserved an RV yet, you may want to check out Sahara RV (702)383-7039. They had a special rate going on and they are kind of a hole in the wall outfit that have been around forever. We checked a lot of them out in Vegas and thought that these guys were really down to earth. I remember asking them about how clean it had to be when we returned it, and they said, 'Clean? Clean is relative, we live in a desert for pete's sake?'. I am still putting aside a day after we get back for emptying and cleaning.
Giefu [X]
-----------
Giefu is to men splendour and praise,
support and worthiness and to every one without a home honour and sustenance
that would otherwise have less.
giefu

Postby RingO'Fire » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:34 pm

Cool, I'll definately check out Sahara RV. I lived in Vegas for three years, but never had an occasion to rent an RV while I was there. I've spoken with the folks at Nevada RV Rentals & Sales on Boulder Hwy, they seem pretty cool over the phone, but I haven't made a reservation yet. I'd much rather give my business to a cool, small locally-owned business if their rates are competitive. Thanks for the tip.
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

driving to Reno

Postby I am the River you saw Ye » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:54 am

Hail from the land of snow! My girlfriend and I were thinking of driving to Reno and renting something there so that we did not have to take our newer model car onto the playa. We are both very easy going working professionals. Sharing costs is what we are all about! We were just going to rent a van or stationwagon to get to BRC and tent it from there. THis sounds like a very viable option. You can reach me @ thewebslinger01@yahoo.com or my girlfriend, Spanki, @ ruthe99@hotmail.com. The time lines seem just about right. The idea sounds right. You seem a decent fellow. I mean, out of six billion strangers to meet, the selective process of even knowing about BM, let alone going, seems to single us out as people who would get along. We are planning to bring : tent, associated sleeping items, shade structure, food, and personal items - costumes, clothing, etc. We were also thinking of hooking up with a friend in Reno to just give him a ride to BRC. For cooking we were thinking of sharing meals with our Edmonton camp, over by kids village. That way we would not be taking up too much room. We try to eat very Veg. With our Edmonton group, if there are 21 people going, then everyone only has to make one meal. All that aside, this is the first time I've logged on in awhile, yours is the first post I opened, feels pretty good. Let me know what you think. Ciao!
From assholes you get shit
I am the River you saw Ye

hey guys

Postby dj big E » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:27 pm

Hi just wanted to make a second recomendation on sahara rv those guys are cool and know all about bm. We have rented from them the last five years and have had no probs our frivoulus charges way cool people. With all that being said I am looking for alternative rv mates this year lol. Because i to am not interested in the drama lol. Just nice place to crash. So if you guys have not filled all of you're vacancies i am interested. I might stay till the 6-7 or 7th thoe. So possibly one way trip. I have drove an rv up to bm for the last 5 years so i could help out there. Usually i drive whole way wy everyone sleeps. So e-mail me or post a response. I love ac as well so wondering how you feel about ac During late noon hours. Thats about it i guess: i am 35, I do party. I like to try to sleep atleast 4 hours minimum while on the playa all though it's hard. Feel like i am missing something.Anyways any other questions or anything let me know. Either way have fun :)
dj big E

lmao

Postby dj big E » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:30 pm

Thats 4 hours per day lol. And also wanted to pint out going to reno lengthens your trip by about 280 miles :).
dj big E

Re: lmao

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:45 pm

dj big E wrote: also wanted to pint out
Now, now, none of those British pub shenanagens, please!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby blyslv » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:06 am

The drive to BRC from Vegas, in an RV I would allow at least 10 hours, maybe 12. If you plan to do it all in one day, it's possible, you'll just be arriving in the dark, which is a pretty macgical expereince in and of itself. There are speed traps, pay attention to the speed limits as you go through towns. Be aware that swinging into Reno will add at least 5 hours to your trip.

Wheeee!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

rv share

Postby surfing911 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:59 pm

it all sounds perfect to me. I am a 30 year (hetero) old male on my 2nd burn. I can share costs and whatever else. I am in LA and would meet you there or along the way. I like to party also but not in my house. You have to make restrictions about the rv and especially the bathroom. I' ve been there and I can give you good advice on what to expect. Keep me in mind and let me know please. Thanks, Sergio.
I have reserved an 25 ft rv from oakland. 9-1 to 9-7. looking for a couple or 2 people to share costs and good times. I am in LA. Only serious inquiries please.
surfing911

rv share

Postby surfing911 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:59 pm

it all sounds perfect to me. I am a 30 year (hetero) old male on my 2nd burn. I can share costs and whatever else. I am in LA and would meet you there or along the way. I like to party also but not in my house. You have to make restrictions about the rv and especially the bathroom. I' ve been there and I can give you good advice on what to expect. Keep me in mind and let me know please. Thanks, Sergio. ser_dennis@sbcglobal.net
I have reserved an 25 ft rv from oakland. 9-1 to 9-7. looking for a couple or 2 people to share costs and good times. I am in LA. Only serious inquiries please.
surfing911

Ohio burn2001vet needs a ride

Postby Bret A. Brown » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:05 pm

I replied to burningsteve, but I thought I'd give you some more info about me. I fit the same demographics (except I'm more in the technical/working class strata) and I would be a zerodrama factor. I need a ride from somewhere on the West coast to Black Rock City (might as well be Vegas). I have my own camping gear and would not even need to take up a bunk, but will contribute equally for the ride. As a vet of BM2001 I could give pointers. Confer will burningsteve and let me know ASAP if I'm a candidate. Since we all need to fly in and fly out during the same time frame, it's a great match for me. Thanks, Bret.
Bret A. Brown

Postby bnadir » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:32 am

i am new to burning man this is my first year, i am a single 43 year old women, looking for a ride, i am not sure about staying with two guys though unless i get to know you a little better and see if we can get alone.

Thanks
Blayssa
bnadir

VEGAS!!! 2 light-traveling firedancers need ride to Playa

Postby Bash » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:40 pm

Hey, figured this was the best thread for our deal...
2 firedancers, flying into LAS VEGAS at 10pm Sat Aug 28th, looking for shared ride to the playa. We have our tickets, and fire gear, and if you have space, we are traveling light.
We have a camp already, and bring tents, so even if you have the
residents lined up for your RV, we just need a lift!
WE can share expense, and provide some fun entertainment!
After all, we are circus performers
THE MORE THE MERRIER! until critical mass.
just hope to stop in Reno for Water on the way.
:shock:
Bash

Burning Since: 2001

Return to 2004 Share