flying in Friday sep 3

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

flying in Friday sep 3

Postby texasmatt » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:10 pm

I think I need to check this whole burning man thing out, it sounds like my cup of tea. I am thinking about flying into Reno that Friday (earliest I could get there), and renting a car or finding a ride, only to return to the airport Sunday. Is anyone interested in working out some kind of ride share with me?
texasmatt

Postby Dork » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:23 pm

http://rideshare.burningman.com/

I would highly recommend getting there earlier in the week if you can.
Dork

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:36 pm

as in flying in?? U have your own plane? Black Rock City has it's own airport and tower. you can't buy a ticket at the that late.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.
unjonharley

Postby Icepack » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:40 am

I can't remember for sure, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that at some point the gate gets closed on Friday or Saturday to prevent "weekend visitors" who just show up to gawk at the naked women and rave or whatever. Maybe someone out there knows what the real scoop is?
Icepack

Postby Dork » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:53 am

Per the FAQ:

Q. Will I be able to buy tickets at the gate?
A. There will be NO TICKETS SALES at the gate after 11 pm Thursday, September 2nd. Tickets will be available at the box office at the front gate during the event, Monday through Thursday, August 30 — September 2nd. Tickets purchased at the gate will be higher than any previous levels and will increase over the course of the event.

Q. Are the gates to the event open 24 hours?
A. Yes, however, the gates will be closed to incoming traffic after 6 p.m. on Saturday, September 4th, prior to the burn of the Man.

So.. get your ticket ahead of time and don't try wandering in an hour before the man burns.
Dork

Postby Icepack » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:18 pm

Thank you Dork! I knew it was out there somewhere. Hopefully TexasMatt rethinks his plan of being such a short term visitor and manages to squeeze in a few more days of time off to participate in the event.
Icepack

Return to 2004 Share