Never burn plastics, painted or treated wood, particleboard, plywood, or household garbage (diapers, wrappers, plastic bags, etc.). These release toxic chemicals into the air when burned and could damage your stove or fireplace, and more importantly your health.
Proper disposal of these wastes is essential to avoid environmental damage and potential health hazards. In February 1989, a state Solid Waste Management rule went into effect prohibiting the open burning of any solid waste except untreated wood. Under this rule, it is illegal to burn particle board, chip board, plywood or similar wood products, pressure-treated lumber, cardboard, paper, materials containing asbestos, asphalt roofing materials, insulation, or any other synthetic materials.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests