Plywood

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Plywood

Postby The DubJunglist » Wed May 12, 2004 10:00 pm

I need as much 3/4 inch plywood as I can get my hands on for a piece of burnable art. Due to extrenuating circumstances with the City of San Francisco my budget has been drastically reduced so any and all donations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Nick
I feel more like I do now than I did before
The DubJunglist

Postby Ranger Genius » Thu May 13, 2004 8:42 am

Try a local railroad depot: they use slightly irregular sheets of plywood to separate loads and layers of loads within boxcars and freight containers. Then they sell them off at around $2 a sheet (My dad bought a whole truckload for $50 bucks the other day.)
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Hate to burst your bubble. . .

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu May 13, 2004 9:06 am

Never burn plastics, painted or treated wood, particleboard, plywood, or household garbage (diapers, wrappers, plastic bags, etc.). These release toxic chemicals into the air when burned and could damage your stove or fireplace, and more importantly your health.

http://www.burnitsmart.org/english/faq/ ... nswer.html

Okay, it's not an enclosed space, but we don't burn couches, do we?
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

And it's been illegal in Vermont since 1989

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu May 13, 2004 9:11 am

(Which is plenty of time for it to have been banned elsewhere)
http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:6j ... ased&hl=en
Proper disposal of these wastes is essential to avoid environmental damage and potential health hazards. In February 1989, a state Solid Waste Management rule went into effect prohibiting the open burning of any solid waste except untreated wood. Under this rule, it is illegal to burn particle board, chip board, plywood or similar wood products, pressure-treated lumber, cardboard, paper, materials containing asbestos, asphalt roofing materials, insulation, or any other synthetic materials.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2004 Share