contestants

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

contestants

Postby mindfunk13 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:48 pm

my girl left me so i came up with an unoriginal way to meet women:
the burner batchelor. so i need 10 women to compete, there will be judges and prizes , the grand prize is an inclusive trip to the plya with yours truely :D , also up are warped tour tix and the front runner gets in backstage, and a t shirt woo hoo.
i know this is corny as hell but it beats the bar scene and might be fun so if you are in the greater portland metro area(or) and are interested, let me know
mindfunk13

Postby mindfunk13 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:30 pm

what no takers????
mindfunk13

Postby mindfunk13 » Wed May 05, 2004 8:44 pm

you mean to tell me that no women in portland want to compete for a free ticket and transportation to the burn?????
mindfunk13

Postby technopatra » Thu May 06, 2004 5:10 pm

Thank god the women of Seattle have more self-respect than that.

Tsk tsk, mindfunk...
technopatra

Postby mindfunk13 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:20 pm

it was suposed to be a way to meet new people and find a cool use of an extra ticket but fine noone is interested ill just sell it.
mindfunk13

Postby Badger » Thu May 06, 2004 7:24 pm

but fine noone is interested ill just sell it...

Maybe sell both of them?
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby mindfunk13 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:31 pm

Badger wrote:
but fine noone is interested ill just sell it...

Maybe sell both of them?

wow you really are an asshole you must not have much of a life if you spend your time trying to find ways to make people feel like crap. also this is an example of people who shouldn't be on the playa so sell YOUR ticket and keep moop (morons out of place) off the playa
mindfunk13

Postby angrykittie25 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:44 pm

who are you to say who should and shouldn't be on the playa? Maybe you should think about how your post might come across before you post. It sounded to me like you though your ticket would get you a bunch of attention. Most self respecting women would find their own way to Burning Man, rather than have to compete for the approval of some guy with a ticket.
angrykittie25

Postby Badger » Thu May 06, 2004 8:42 pm

wow you really are an asshole you must not have much of a life if you spend your time trying to find ways to make people feel like crap. also this is an example of people who shouldn't be on the playa so sell YOUR ticket and keep moop (morons out of place) off the playa

Dear reader, thank you for sharing. I feel your pain.

BTW, good luck with the chick thing dude.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Isotopia » Thu May 06, 2004 8:54 pm

No doubt.

That Badger is almost as big a prick as I am but he has a ticket.

I don't.

I'd be TOTALLY interested in getting judged in your contest. I'm sure I'd be full of surprises for you and you panel of judges.

I just hope you like BIG girls.
Isotopia

Postby DVD Burner » Thu May 06, 2004 9:00 pm

poor mindfunk13.

Feamles in general of Burningman are rather intelligent. Intimidate the average male most of the time. But you can always ask Isotopia if she would like to go with you. :lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby RingO'Fire » Fri May 07, 2004 3:40 pm

technopatra wrote:Thank god the women of Seattle have more self-respect than that.

Tsk tsk, mindfunk...

Poor ol' mindfunk!

Dude, you've still got three whole months before BM! I'm sure there are dozens of cool women in Seattle who would love to go to BM with you! I don't know if you're still moping around about your breakup or not, but if you are, GET OVER IT! Even if you can't find a female companion to accompany you, it doesn't matter, hook up with some of the other burners in the Seattle area through the eplaya and make some new friends. Guaranteed, you'll meet some cool people, including cool women.

The reason why Badger suggested that you sell both of your tickets was because your comment:

it was suposed to be a way to meet new people and find a cool use of an extra ticket but fine if no one is interested ill just sell it.

makes you come across as an angry and bitter tweaker, which is not the energy or the kind of people that the old timers (or the rest of us) want people to bring to BM (I'm a newbie myself, but have been lurking about here on the eplaya for several months and have learned quite a bit from the crusty old timers).

Think of Badger's remark as a "mild rebuke." Badger wasn't trying to make you "feel like crap", instead (the way I see it - I can't speak for Badger) it was an indirect way of saying, "If you can't bring positive energy/vibes (etc.), then please just stay home."

He even apologized after you lashed out:
Badger wrote:Dear reader, thank you for sharing. I feel your pain.
BTW, good luck with the chick thing dude.

Now, make like Peter Pan and start thinking your happy thoughts and please quit your "stinkin' thinkin'" OK? We'd all love to have the happy fun creative mindfunk hanging out with us on the playa. Bring him, leave the angry tweaker at home.

Now, get out there, start talking to some women, and "work it!" You don't have to resort to the bar scene, try coffee shops, restaurants, school, parties, networking (female friends of your female friends), etc. You've still got over three months!

Of course, Isotopia's offer sounds mighty tempting...
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby blyslv » Fri May 07, 2004 3:57 pm

Most woman I've met have been far more interested in whether we can laugh together, talk for hours on end and still have hot funky monkey loving. They could care less about what I had to offer them materially (which is a good thing, as I'm the queen of my own doublewide thank you very much). I would think that most woman you'd want to spend a week with, on or off the playa, would have similar qualities.

YMMV
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby DVD Burner » Fri May 07, 2004 3:58 pm

I gotta say, I come back to this thread every now and then and crack up. It's just too funny.

That first post!
ImageImageImageGot me crackin up all kinda whicha ways.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Silver » Fri May 07, 2004 6:57 pm

mindfunk13,

The problem is that you come off as if women can be bought. This culture is much more woman oriented than that, part of it is a hold over from the women's movement and part of it is derived from the basic fact that there is about 1 woman for every 2 men at Burning Man. Piled on top of that is the yahoos, frat boys or whatever you want to call them who tend not to respect women as people. From what I have observed, the core Burners tend to be very tribal; that is, while I might not like that particular woman much she is part of my tribe/clan/whatever and I will protect her, to a certain extent this goes for men also. Someone pointed out that in general women in this group are well above average in intelligence, I agree and that also means that they are not as dependent as many others.

Now, again, a real life example:
Last year at PDF (East coast burn) the spring weather was horrible, rain and more rain and mud 6 inches deep; by Sunday only the hard core was left and things got a bit wild. I don’t know who started it (I was rangering at the time) but there ended up being a barter lap dance thing going on (mostly in jest). By the time I got there both men and women were offering various services in exchange for lap dances. The most notable thing from your perspective was that those guys that offered RV’s at Burning Man got NO takers. They were too serious and too desperate and the girls, and in one case the guys, wanted no part of it.
My grandfather tried to raise me as a Southern gentleman, that means that I can be a real SOB some of the time.
Silver

Postby Silver » Fri May 07, 2004 7:03 pm

Ring,

Very good.

We have got to try and meet up.

s
My grandfather tried to raise me as a Southern gentleman, that means that I can be a real SOB some of the time.
Silver

Postby my innerself » Sat May 08, 2004 2:33 am

Hey mindfunk I thought it was a cool idea. I dont think he was trying to offend any women by saying that they where not self respecting, and Badger was being a complete dickhead by saying that maybe he should sell both of them, that comment was completely uncalled for :x . Thats what I hate about these bulletin boards, if you dont have anything nice to say DONT BLOODY SAY IT! He didn't come out with any crude remarks, insults or vulgure language, just a different way to meet women, and everyone comes out and blades him. I know for a fact if a women came up with that idea and started this thread there would be hundreds of men posting reply's. Goodluck mindfunk, I hope things work out for you. :wink:
If only everyone was stoned, then I would not feel so alone
my innerself

Postby DVD Burner » Sat May 08, 2004 4:01 am

inner,

You're right, but sometimes a little creativity is nice. Lets not insult the females, or anybodies intelligence for that matter.

Kettle black? :shock:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Badger » Sat May 08, 2004 4:18 am

Hey mindfunk I thought it was a cool idea. I dont think he was trying to offend any women by saying that they where not self respecting, and Badger was being a complete dickhead by saying that maybe he should sell both of them, that comment was completely uncalled for Mad . Thats what I hate about these bulletin boards, if you dont have anything nice to say DONT BLOODY SAY IT!

Dear reader, thank you for sharing. I feel your pain.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Ivy » Sat May 08, 2004 8:59 am

if you dont have anything nice to say DONT BLOODY SAY IT!

Sigh.

Personally, this is exactly the attitude I hate about this bulletin board.
Ivy

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sat May 08, 2004 11:24 am

Well I've said it elsewhere, but it seems appropriate here: I've gone to BM with and without a girlfriend multiple times each, without has it's advantages and is just fine... maybe it's even better...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby RingO'Fire » Sat May 08, 2004 11:38 am

Silver wrote:Ring,

Very good.

We have got to try and meet up.

s

Silver,
Thanks Bro, I appreciate it. I would definately be into meeting up.

Mindfunk,
Rereading my post from yesterday, I feel like I may have come across as a little too preachy. At the time I was composing it, I had the image of a sports coach in mind ("now let's get back out there on the field show these guys how the game is played! Go mindfunk!, GO!").

I know that nothing takes the wind out of your sails like relationship troubles; by telling you to "GET OVER IT!" I didn't mean to make light of that. It was my kinda elder brother, coach-like, blunt, direct way of encouraging you to move forward and not dwell on the past.

I also have to agree with my fellow eplayans blyslv and Silver:

Silver wrote:The problem is that you come off as if women can be bought.

blyslv wrote:Most woman I've met have been far more interested in whether we can laugh together, talk for hours on end and still have hot funky monkey loving. They could care less about what I had to offer them materially... I would think that most woman you'd want to spend a week with, on or off the playa, would have similar qualities.

I would personally love to see you come out to BM and have a great time.

I hope you do, with or without a female companion.
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby mindfunk13 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:14 pm

wow now thats the kind o plaiya people i am more used too lolthank you for all the sugestions btw i am not in seattle lol but portland. in no way was i insinuating that women can be baught but instead thought this could be a fun way to meet someone i could talk to for hours anyhow i will be going and i will have all kinds of fun again this year. also bringin a friend who has advanced ms so its gunna be wild trying to keep up with his needs. my last thoughts on this thread are this: any one who would like to hang out, gimme a pm, and btw i got an extra ticket who's fate is undecided. thease are sepret and un connected thoughts. thanks to all the warm and supportive posters and to anyone who was less than suportive,.....thanks as well because i wouldnt know how cool the others were without you lol
mindfunk13

Postby my innerself » Sun May 09, 2004 7:17 pm

Badger, Badger, Badger. I generally dont like to argue with idiots, they have a way of bringing you down to their level and beating you with experience. :wink:
If only everyone was stoned, then I would not feel so alone
my innerself

Postby nipples » Sun May 09, 2004 9:38 pm

regardless of sex
all will fall on bended knee
advance scrotal sac
nipples

Postby nipples » Sun May 09, 2004 9:40 pm

so large these balls are
reptiles do seek cold beneath
above eagles rise
nipples