A Place to crash

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

A Place to crash

Postby juanicoheal » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:36 am

I won plane tickets at the company xmas party. - On Alaska Airlines, so the destinations are limited.

My wife an I are batting around either NYC of SF. - I've never been to either.

Someone please sell me on your city! If you have somewhere we can crash - so much the better.
juanicoheal

Postby _tears_ » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:26 pm

I would say go to S.F, I have been to NYC and i leave near S.F i would say there are a lot more interesting things to do and see in S.F

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

Postby loLo » Wed May 05, 2004 2:35 pm

i like both very much, but have you ever been to southern california?
all along the coast is something great, plus l.a.'s not so far from the beach.
8) and the best place to go if your flying in to l.a. is venice beach. totally awesome! just as many freaks in venice as in s.f. :shock: and so much to do like in n.y. :wink:
you wont go wrong!!!

one love,
loLo
loLo

Postby DVD Burner » Wed May 05, 2004 2:50 pm

I'm a born and raised New Yorker and love it. I live in San francisco and have lived here for 16-17 years and love it too. IMHO they both are some what the same in the sense of the types of thinking people and the ladscape (manhattan 8mls S.F. 7mls) both walkable and great public transpo. only diff S.F. is quite mellow and things happen when they happen. N.Y. is very much so, up front to the point and no beating around the bush. If you want to relax I say S.F. if you want hyper speed of the mind N.Y. is where ya wanna be.

my 0.01

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

SF vs. NYC

Postby blottosister » Wed May 19, 2004 2:40 pm

Not even a guestion in my book. NY as a state has some great things to offer but NYC ....not for me. If you like the very fast pace city life with dirty streets and Lots of harsh east coast city attitude you might like NYC. There is a whole lot to do when it comes to the night life. BUT SF is the friendliest city i have ever been to. Drum circles in Golden Gate park. Beautiful art and beautiful people make this city what it is. and the city is surrounded by beautiful nature . just south of SF is a redwood park and beautiful mountian driving. SF IS where burning man started. Hope I sold ya! VIVA LA SAN FRAN!!!
blottosister

Postby technopatra » Wed May 19, 2004 3:28 pm

Well I live in San Francisco but I LOVE New York. So you really can't lose either way.

If it's not too short notice, you should come to SF this weekend for The Flambe Lounge on Sunday.

You and the missus are welcome at my house - I'm sure we can scare up a dusty air mattress and some clean sheets for you ;-)
technopatra

NYC or SF

Postby Icepack » Wed May 19, 2004 3:54 pm

I suggest you fly to NYC and rent a car and go to Vermont or Maine and go camping. Or go out to Boston or Cape Cod. Camp sites are cheap in Vermont, usually around $20/night. You could see a lot of different things, visit lots of states and places by heading to the East Coast. You could see 6 or 7 states in a week.

If you go to SF, you'll never get out of California. Besides, NYC is further away from your home. Why not go as far as possible with those tickets?
Icepack

Thanks all. Keep 'em coming

Postby juanicoheal » Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 pm

We haven't made up our minds yet.. Kinda procrastinators...

You're brining up some of our sticking points.

Icepack hit one of them right on the head. "why not go as far as possible".
That's what my wife's thinking is. - Use the tickets to get the most expensive travel we can. - But Gingles will not go for a camping trip. Her outlook is one tree/one million trees, they're all the same.

I'm the other hand... lodging in NYC is freaking pricy. TP's dusty air mattress is my style. I also heard of some great hostels. I'm sure we can hook up with a whole load of freaks!

There was... this other option.... Cancun. Alaska does fly there.... and seeing Chicken Pizza is on my life list.

OH the puzzlement....

KEEP 'EM COMING - We may blow into your neighborhood.....
juanicoheal

Cancun and Chicken Pizza

Postby Icepack » Thu May 20, 2004 7:38 am

I can understand her tone about the trees. My dear husband from Vermont feels the same way.

Cancun sounds like a great option! I agree, go as far as possible for as long as possible.

What is Chicken Pizza? I have had chicken on a pizza, but is "Chicken Pizza" a place?
Icepack

Postby juanicoheal » Thu May 20, 2004 6:39 pm

OK so my attempt at humor went awry.
Chicken Pizza is refered to by more polite folk as Chichen Itza.

Since we both speak Spanish, (she's a latina, and I'm a Canadian gringo who minored in languages), we'd get out of the touristy area pretty darn quick and find somewhere more interesting to stay.
juanicoheal

Return to 2004 Share