I prostrate myself to all who SEW

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

I prostrate myself to all who SEW

Postby scarlet_minnow » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:57 pm

Hi folks,

Last year I was green with envy over those magnificent individuals who are talented enough in the art of sewing to create full-length faux fur coats... you know, usually in some funky neon leopard print fabric?
I crave such a coat!
I'm one of those people who is always cold and it just isn't an option for me to wander around semi-nude on playa when the sun goes down. Oh, no. I have to be bundled up in a freakin' parka like some wayward eskimo. Which meant that last year I was only costumed up in the day and at night I was a sad, sorry, un-bedecked fool. Not this year! Please help me to create a fabulous technicolor dream coat! Bonus points for reversibility!!
Naturally I will purchase all materials you may need- fabric, thread, what-have-you. And I would be happy to offer any of my talents or services as a humble offering for your sewing mojo. Perhaps you would like a facial while on playa? Or maybe some Pilates would help envigorate your body? A cold beer? A hot dinner?
I beg of you: assist me in my quest! Enhance your karmic standing by helping a burner achieve her aspiration to be both fashionable and warm!
Many thanks,

Scarlet
Be who you are and say what you feel... for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

-- Dr. Suess
scarlet_minnow

coat

Postby Boilermaker » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:25 pm

Hi my name is Tom and I do sew. call (360)893-3342
I am looking for an interesting,attractive(internally\externally)gal to share Burningman\? with. I am also looking for Pierce County and So. King County Burners who want to share and work on Burningman stuff. Also coordinate travel to and from.
Boilermaker

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:20 pm

Scarlet,

I've made lots of fur coats and even taught a fur-coat making workshop down here for the OC Burning Man group just a few months ago.
You can see one or two examples on my website.
All the coats I do are reversible.

I can make one for you or help you make your own depending on your level of ability.

If you're so inclinded, please send me a PM or email.
Ivy

Return to 2004 Share