Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro wants your dollies!

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro wants your dollies!

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:11 am

If you have any old, ugly, beat up, downtrodden, or just plain unsanitary Barbies that you would like to be displayed at our little "holiday camp", please send them to: Dr. Pyro Jacoby/PO Box 173/Penryn, CA 95663. All Barbies will be prominently displayed at BM 2004!
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby 'stine » Wed May 26, 2004 12:00 pm

May I bring them with me and give them to you during a personal visit? You must promise me to treat them with gentlemanly appropriate behavior, because they are, afterall, from Savannah, Ga, which makes them Southern Belle barbies. I wouldn't want to give them up to any Yankee scoundrels or for any Bubba Redneck antics. ;-)

'stine
'stine

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed May 26, 2004 12:05 pm

We treat them with the finest of decorum. To see for yourself, check out our URL under 2004 Themecamps. Warning: If nudity and weirdness offend you, do not check out our link.

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby 'stine » Wed May 26, 2004 12:23 pm

It is my impression that if nudity and weirdness should offend me, then I should not be attending Burning Man. ;-) They call us Iron Magnolias for a reason! See you at BM!

'stine
'stine

Postby kimityme » Wed May 26, 2004 5:05 pm

You know, we saw your camp last year & I was rather taken back...but at that time I was unsure about everything going on around us!!!! I had no Idea what BM even was.
I'm no prude.
Just a clueless virgin.

This year I better understand BM...interaction by any reasoning.

I found one of my daughter's barbie doll coats while cleaning under her bed! It is a long, trench style, white fur - old, with red paint or something dripped on it that resembles blood. I INSTANTLY thought it'd be perfect playa attire for one of your burned up dolls! I put it in my BM stuff and had planned on bringing it to you along with a bottle of wine.

Gift or not - that silly coat and a sip of red wine in toast to your camp made that day go by with happy anticipation!
let the light in...
kimityme

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed May 26, 2004 5:54 pm

Shout out to kimityme! Now you're a clued-in burner! I am so glad you enjoyed our little slice of paradise on the playa. We have pretty much lost count, but the best guess is we're up to 350+ Barbies. I would love to have your Barbie coat--we will think of someplace to prominently display it--and wine. My honest opinion: The second year is much better than the first. Certainly the first year you're overwhelmed by everything, espcially how LOUD the city can be, but now you know how to better prepare and use your time. As a veteran of five burns, the best advice I give newbies and sophs is that you only have one commodity on the playa that has any value: time. Use it wisely. See you at BDC&WB.

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby _tears_ » Wed May 26, 2004 8:23 pm

I have a few old barbies how can i get them to ya ?

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

barbies

Postby blottosister » Wed May 26, 2004 10:08 pm

hey doc,
I've got barbies I'll bring em along
blottosister

Postby AntiM » Thu May 27, 2004 5:51 am

Last year your lovely camp provided me with a glass of wine just when I needed it. I ran across this topic about the time I was cleaning my workroom, and found the barbies who, years ago, were intended to be the Rocky Horror Picture Show cast ... but I never got around to making the costumes. Camp sounded just right for them rather than languishing in a drawer. Their friends who were supposed to be dressed in fancy gowns for the little nieces came along too, I know full well I'll never get around to making all those barbie clothes.

There's a barbie wheelchair too, and a talking Ozzy Osborne. Ozzy and figure skater Ken have been to the playa, excuse their dust. Ken was supposed to be Dr. Scott, which is why there is a wheelchair and Ken is in a suit instead of his skates. The only excuse for Ozzy is "I'm the Prince of bleeping Darkness! I bleeping hate bubbles!"

ramble off
Anti M
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu May 27, 2004 6:49 am

A few shout outs:

TEARS: If you would like, they can be mailed to the address at the top of this post. Send them third class snail mail, no sense in spending any more than is necessary.

BLOTTOSISTER: I work in Sac so if you would like, shoot me an e-mail and I could meet you before or after work or during lunch and liberate them from you that way. We appreciate any and all donations!

* smooches *

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Return to 2004 Share