G.P. Small Military Tent

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

G.P. Small Military Tent

Postby adoti » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:16 am

[b]US Military G.P. (General Purpose) Small Tent[/b]
17' Hexagon (six sided)
Used.  Canvas.  OD Green
Price: $350
Pickup Location: San Rafael, CA

I've used this GP Small tent for the past 4 years at the Burning man festival. It's time to pass the torch to the next owners. This tent provided excellent protection from he elements in the desert. It held up flawlessly against driving rain, dust storm and the baking sun. It is made out of canvass and included all ropes attached. Could use a dust whacking of you have a large enough space to beat it out, otherwise it has some playa dust and dirt here and there.
These tents are suited for hunting and camping and are very popular with guides and outfitters. The height peak is 10' 6"; the eave height is 5'.  The length of each side of the tent is 8' 6" and the width of the hexagonal floor is 17' 6" in diameter.  The weight of the tent is 116#.  The tent has 2 doors 7' high on opposite sides, permitting tents to be joined together with suitable access from one to the other.  A stovepipe opening is built in one side of the tent near the eave.
I'll even throw in wood poles and rebar stakes. The wood poles apparently were made for the tent aftermarket as they came with the tent when I originally purchased it. You may be able to find aluminum expandable poles out there somewhere if you prefer and not use mine.

Sorry no shipping, local pickup only. This tent is heavy! About 100 lbs. It folds up into an approx 3.5 x 2 x1.5 envelope and self storing pouch.

Pictures of the tent in action!
(Sorry I dont know whats up with this BBS. Can't seem to put in HREFS. So you'll just have to cut and paste ;) )

[url]http://clarkconnect.theclaremonts.com/albums/Burning-Man-2002/burningman_571.sized.jpg[/url]

[url]http://clarkconnect.theclaremonts.com/albums/Burning-Man-2001/DCP_0121.jpg[/url]

[url]http://clarkconnect.theclaremonts.com/albums/Burning-Man-2002/burningman_290.sized.jpg[/url]

Contact me at adamdoti@perculator.com or 415-640-0381.

-A
adoti

Postby PurpleKoosh » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:18 pm

My boyfriend's out of town till late tomorrow, but I know he's in the market for a tent. Whether he's in the market for quite so much tent, I can't tell you.... ;-) I'll point him your way when he gets back.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

tent

Postby mindfunk13 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:24 pm

wow i seriously need this for kc (see "last request" in i need section.
it would be big enough for his medical bed and wheelchair to roll into! i will arainge transportation . and can pass it along after this burn. please let me know. tia mike
mindfunk13

Postby mindfunk13 » Thu May 13, 2004 2:36 am

sold. please contact me for arangements. i need to get ahold of this tent as soon as posible. thanks in advance

mike :D
mindfunk13

Return to 2004 Share