is this a scam? read these emails, please

is this a scam? read these emails, please

Postby Elzoe314 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:21 pm

first here is the craigslist add -http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tid/2564474154.html

I figure I can trust you guys to lead me the right way :) don't steal my tickets if its legit!! ;) love you guys..

here is the thread of email (seems fishy) (would you go through with it?)

500 for one or the pair?
Im interested! I can pay via paypal and could be in vegas tmrow

Thanks so much

Lucas

On 8/25/11 8:42 PM, "[personal information removed- MOD]" <[personal information removed- MOD]> wrote:

hello ,yes sure first of all i want to say that i am now at my parents(my father have some health problems and i need to take care of him),and i didnt know this problem when i post the product,so if you decide to buy i will shipp to you the item via a secure company World Air Courier,they have refund options,the transaction is insured and secured ,so please email me if you are interested,thanx
ml

To: [personal information removed- MOD] <[personal information removed- MOD]>
Sent: Fri, August 26, 2011 8:05:26 AM
Subject: Re: TWO (2) TICKETS TO BURNING MAN 2011 RITES OF PASSAGE NR - $500

Re: TWO (2) TICKETS TO BURNING MAN 2011 RITES OF PASSAGE NR - $500 Hello again! Yes I am interested. However, Ive never heard of world air courier and when I google it, nothing comes up..maybe Im doing it wrong? I can be in vegas tomorrow with cash and we can do a face to face transaction. Or is this not a possibility?
And if we do it this way we can give a little extra $$. And you have our condolences for you what you and your father are going through, I hope everything works out for the best...

Cheers
Lemme know
Lucas

hi more details you can view on ttp://world-air-courier.x10.bz/ i am sorry i am now in OR if you will decide to buy,i will email World Air Courier to create an invoice for shipping and payment details,all the details will be displayed on it,the transaction will be secured and insured also the shipping,also they will provide a tracking number,this is not the 1st transaction that i close,you will receive the item as described,thanx

Edit: personal information removed- MOD
Elzoe314

Re: is this a scam? read these emails, please

Postby alicecarol » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:30 pm

I say, if it smells fishy, it probably tastes fishy too. Trust your gut.
alicecarol

Postby zeigen » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 pm

There is no way that's legit. Sorry. Good luck!
zeigen

Postby Elzoe314 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:41 pm

thought so.. just needed someone else to agree.. thanks!
Elzoe314

Postby kywildcats » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:51 pm

I almost fell for the same scam until I found this post searching on google. Here is the emails that I received. I was trying to purchase University of Kentucky season basketball tickets on Lexington , KY craigslist. i wish there was some way to turn this scam artist in

You replied on 9/12/2011 8:09 PM.
thank you so please email me your complete shipping address and name to email World Air Courier to create the invoice for payment and shipping details,thanx
ALLEN, KENNETHThat sounds good... I will purchase the tickets 8:01 PM
ALLEN, KENNETHActions
To:MCaroline Herman ‎[caroline_zz_herman@att.net]‎
Sent ItemsMonday, September 12, 2011 8:01 PM

That sounds good... I will purchase the tickets
Caroline Hermanok also the payment will be done to an World Air Agent address and name he will keep the funds untill you will receive and inspect the tix,i will receive them on 2 th of october and in the same day i will start the shipping so in 2 working days youll receive7:47 PM
Caroline Herman [caroline_zz_herman@att.net]Actions
To:MALLEN, KENNETH
Monday, September 12, 2011 7:47 PM

You replied on 9/12/2011 8:01 PM.
ok also the payment will be done to an World Air Agent address and name he will keep the funds untill you will receive and inspect the tix,i will receive them on 2 th of october and in the same day i will start the shipping so in 2 working days youll receive them fast i have refund options the transaction is insured and secured also the shipping more details will be displayed on the invoice so let me know thanx
ALLEN, KENNETHOk...do I pay when the tickets are shipped? 7:42 PM
ALLEN, KENNETHActions
Sent ItemsMonday, September 12, 2011 7:42 PM

Ok...do I pay when the tickets are shipped?
Caroline Hermanyes more details you can view on http://world-air-courier.x10.bz/ if you will decide to purchase ,i will email the company to send an invoice with all the details displayed on it for payment and shipping details,the transaction will be secured and insured also7:39 PM
Monday, September 12, 2011 7:39 PM

You replied on 9/12/2011 7:42 PM.
yes more details you can view on http://world-air-courier.x10.bz/ if you will decide to purchase ,i will email the company to send an invoice with all the details displayed on it for payment and shipping details,the transaction will be secured and insured also the shipping,also they will provide a tracking number,so let me know thanx
ALLEN, KENNETHsounds good..I have never used world air and can not find anything about them online...do u have a link to their website? 7:35 PM
ALLEN, KENNETHActions
Sent ItemsMonday, September 12, 2011 7:35 PM

sounds good..I have never used world air and can not find anything about them online...do u have a link to their website?
Caroline Hermanhello ,ok no problem but also i am now at my parents(my father have some health problems and i need to take care of him),and i didnt know when i post the product,so if you will want the product i will shipp it to you via a secure company World Air ,they have7:33 PM
Monday, September 12, 2011 7:33 PM

You replied on 9/12/2011 7:35 PM.
hello ,ok no problem but also i am now at my parents(my father have some health problems and i need to take care of him),and i didnt know when i post the product,so if you will want the product i will shipp it to you via a secure company World Air ,they have refund options,the transaction is insured and secured ,i will wait for your email if you are interested,thanx

I am interested in the tickets if you still have them.
ALLEN, KENNETHI am interested in the tickets if you still have them. http://lexington.craigslist.org/tid/2590823959.html 7:27 PM
ALLEN, KENNETHActions
To:Msale-wgeyz-2590823959@craigslist.org
Sent ItemsMonday, September 12, 2011 7:27 PM
kywildcats

Return to 2011 Tickets