My traveling companion -- and ride -- will not be attending Burning Man this year. While, in the spirit of Burning Man, I would really like to gift the ticket, I am left in need of a ride to and from the Playa, so I would like to propose the exchange of said paper ticket (in hand) for a ride from my home in Tracy, CA to my camp at 2:00 & Kindergarten, and back. If you're not familiar, Tracy is a straight shot east of San Fran on I-580, and from there one can just hop on I-5, so it should not be much out of the way for anyone coming from the Bay Area.
- Skinny tall guy
- This will be my second time to Burning Man
-- 21 gallons of water in three "jugs"
-- Approximately 240 gallons of other gear in eight totes or equivalent
-- 28 10' poles
- Have reliable vehicle with room for me and my gear (bike and poles can go on top, but would prefer other gear can't go flying off)
- Are not be a raving lunatic
- Drive sober and drug-free
- No drug use in the vehicle
- Interesting to talk to (although, I'm having a hard time imagining a Burner who isn't)
- Bonus points for not smoking in the vehicle
- Bonus points for being easy on the eyes (I'm not looking for a date, but if I'm going to be spending upwards of 20 hours in someone's vehicle with them, they might as well be nice to look at)
- Bonus points for liking Pet Shop Boys / Erasure / New Order / Roxette / etc
Of course, if you have a larger vehicle / group, that would be cool too.
I'll leave this open through Friday unless I hear from someone who seems to be a great match. PM me with what you have to offer. I probably won't be able to respond to each, but I will post here when a selection has been made.
Last edited by drzow
on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.