Tickets stolen-- community alert, +seeking to buy/replace...

Tickets stolen-- community alert, +seeking to buy/replace...

Postby Syrith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Dear eplaya community,

I'm writing to put out the word that my BM tickets were stolen today, and that I'm on the lookout to purchase replacements at face value in the hopes that I'll still be able to go this year.

To my horror, my wallet seems to have been pickpocketed this afternoon, in the Costco/parking lot in SF where I was buying final supplies for the trip to BRC. (I've already made it to the west coast from Brooklyn.)

I had three Burning Man tickets in my wallet, so they are gone, along with my IDs, some money, etc. Two were for me and a friend traveling here from overseas, and are the critical ones. (The third I was ironically hoping to sell this week at face value to someone in need, since a friend of mine was unable to attend at the last minute... it's obviously less important right now.) I'm embarrassed and shocked and devastated, but trying to take steps within my power to make things right. I also really can't bear to let my friend down, so first available ticket will of course be for her.

I'm simply writing to put the community on alert, and to ask anyone with extra tickets for sale at face value to get in touch.
This event and this community are so important to me. Thanks for listening, and be well,

Jeremy Friedman
Syrith

Re: Tickets stolen-- community alert, +seeking to buy/replac

Postby kelizabeth » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm writing to put the community on alert: I seem to have misplaced my goggles.
"Defiance and resistance are illegal. Therein lies the salvation of man. Everything illegal necessitates integrity, self-reliance, and courage."
Emma Goldman
kelizabeth

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:48 pm

There are a number of threads on the boards now with tickets offered. You may care to check them out, as well as to check the announcements at the top of the board for helpful info to aid in your search.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby iannick » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:08 pm

First, I'm really sorry about your tragedy, OP. That royally sucks. I lost 10 tickets to a U2 show in college. Can't imagine being in your position, tho. You'll get there.

kelizabeth wrote:I'm writing to put the community on alert: I seem to have misplaced my goggles.

you're one of those megaphone people, aren't you... It cracks me up tho, hearing this in my mind in that obnoxious and sometimes hilarious voice.
iannick

Postby kelizabeth » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:14 pm

iannick wrote:you're one of those megaphone people, aren't you... It cracks me up tho, hearing this in my mind in that obnoxious and sometimes hilarious voice.

Actually, we are indeed bringing a megaphone for the very first time this year! But nah, I was just feeling like a jerk last night.
"Defiance and resistance are illegal. Therein lies the salvation of man. Everything illegal necessitates integrity, self-reliance, and courage."
Emma Goldman
kelizabeth

Postby Syrith » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks for the encouragement (or for the encouraging snark, to remind me what I'd be missing if I didn't persevere...)!

It looks like it's all gonna be OK.

Now, to the DMV to see about a driver's license... by hook or by crook, I'll see that playa soon!
Syrith

Postby NellieX » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Syrith wrote:Thanks for the encouragement (or for the encouraging snark, to remind me what I'd be missing if I didn't persevere...)!

It looks like it's all gonna be OK.

Now, to the DMV to see about a driver's license... by hook or by crook, I'll see that playa soon!

Did you get your wallet back, or find new tickets? Either way, good luck!
NellieX

Return to 2011 Tickets