SOLD-: 1 BM ticket POSSIBLY for sale -$337.75 -Las Vegas

SOLD-: 1 BM ticket POSSIBLY for sale -$337.75 -Las Vegas

Postby funhappyguy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 am

I live in the Las Vegas area and have a will call ticket I paid $320 +$17.75= $337.75.
I have had a bit of a problem that might keep me from attending BM. I recently encountered ‘floaters’ in my right eye and on Tuesday, Aug. 23rd I went to the Nevada Retina Consultants here in Las Vegas for an examination. They told me I needed to immediately get the tear in my retina laser seared and since there was a bit of a detachment with liquid under the retina that they also recommended a shot of a bubble of gas into the eye. This bubble works to push the retina back in place. . And to make the bubble work its magic I must lay on my left side at least 16 hours a day (so they say) to put the bubble in the right area of the eye. As gas expands with a change in altitude I have been told not to fly or change altitude until the bubble is absorbed by the body. This, I am told, can take up to 2 or 2 ½ weeks. This is the reason for my possibility of a problem to attend Burning Man. All most always the optimistic fellow I immediately thought I would be the exception to the case and it would be healed and back in good order before my planned departure for BM on Monday, Aug. 29th. However, as the days have moved forward and I reluctantly lie on my left side, I am beginning to believe I might not be so lucky this time. I have another doctor’s appt. on Thursday, Aug. 25th to assess the situation. At that time I will make my decision. If the bubble has dissolved I am heading for BM but if not then it will be another year for such fun. My eyes are most important to me.

So, I want to make contact with someone that lives or will be coming thru the Las Vegas area on Thursday, Aug. 25th or Friday, Aug. 26th that will (1.) bring cash and (2.) I can show my e-mail ticket confirmation and we can together make the telephone call to the appropriate officials to transfer the will call ticket.

Please only reply if you can wait for an answer till late morning of Aug. 25th and only if you will be in or coming thru the Las Vegas area on the dates listed above.
PM me if this would work for you.

All the Best,
Fun Happy Guy (though a bit sad at the moment)
Last edited by funhappyguy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fun Happy Guy
funhappyguy

Re: One BM ticket POSSIBLY for sale -$337.75 -Las Vegas area

Postby funhappyguy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:48 am

Further to my informaiton posting above:
Here is the information from the BM site for will call transfers with less than one week before the event:
"LAST MINUTE WILL CALL CHANGES: If for some reason you have to give away or sell your ticket at the last minute (one week before the event or later), the person you have designated to be able to pick up your tickets MUST have:

1. A letter signed by you, the original ticket holder. This letter MUST state that you have given/sold the tickets to the person now picking them up and have their full name in the letter. Example: I John Doe, sold my two will call tickets to Jane Smith and I'm authorizing her to pick them up.
2. A photocopy of your driver's license and a photocopy of the credit card used to purchase the tickets (you can black out the first set of numbers, just make sure the last 4 numbers can be read). Remember, the full name on the driver's license must be clear. We need to be completely sure that you have given/sold your tickets to the person picking them up.
3. For ONLINE ORDER will call transfer: In addition to what's above, you MUST have the confirmation number.

As always for any will call pick up, the person picking up tickets must have THEIR photo ID as proof of who they are! "

I have the e-mail confirmation letter I received and will provide all listed information above to make the transfer.
Thanks,
Fun Happy Guy
Fun Happy Guy
funhappyguy

Postby skibear » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 pm

funhappy guy
Bummer to hear of your eye problem.
Best of luck getting well. That's first.
skibear

Postby Mansoon » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Hope you get better!
Mansoon

Postby Tweeze » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Sorry to hear your health will not allow you to attend. I live in Henderson and am interested in your ticket. Please contact me at cabadger98@yahoo.com.
Be well!

Tweeze (from Bad Idea Theater)
Tweeze

Re: OFFERED: 1 BM ticket POSSIBLY for sale -$337.75 -Las Veg

Postby ponderingnugget » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Funhappyguy, I want to wish you all the best and a speedy recovery from the problem you are having with your eye. If god forbid you can't make it to the playa this year, I am interested in your ticket. I live in Summerlin and can give you cash for it if you decide not to attend the event. I can send you contact information when and if you need it. Best wishes.

David.
ponderingnugget

Postby funhappyguy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks for your kind 'get well' wishes.
Fun Happy Guy
funhappyguy

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:43 pm

No offense, man, but I really hope you don't end up having a ticket to sell (because everything worked out beautifully and your eye's good and you'll be hitting the playa wearing a "shot in the face with a laser" tee shirt or merit badge of some kind. Fingers crossed for ocular health, otherwise there should hopefully be a few responses that you can get in touch with.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Mansoon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:54 pm

yeah, the playa is NOT a great place for LESSENING eye problems. Always takes me forever to get my contacts, new, out of the box, clean afterwards
Mansoon

Postby funhappyguy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks for your kind words Trilobyte and Mansoon.. Yes, it sucks when one has planned to go to BM and gift a bunch of airplane rides but life is still good. Still on the right side of the grass. Will know by Thursday after the eye doctor has his say.
And to know that others are having the time of their lives. Always next year. Much appreciation.
Fun Happy Guy
funhappyguy

Postby Elizasew » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi! I'm late but super interested! I live in las Vegas and am dying to get a ticket. Please email me if still available!
Elizasew

Re: SOLD-: 1 BM ticket POSSIBLY for sale -$337.75 -Las Vegas

Postby funhappyguy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 am

Ticket has been sold for the price paid.
Have a good burn.
Fun Happy Guy
funhappyguy

Re: SOLD-: 1 BM ticket POSSIBLY for sale -$337.75 -Las Vegas

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, fhg, and hopefully everything works out with the doc.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2011 Tickets