Looking For a Ticket for my girlfriend

Looking For a Ticket for my girlfriend

Postby korhal25 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Okay so I have never gone to Burning Man and can't go this year due to the fact that I have to work. But my girlfriend would really like to go. If one of you has an extra ticket I am willing to pay the face value for the ticket. She really wants to go this year because a lot of her friends are going to be going and she was told that she had to go. We have tried other sources and she thought that she was going to get a ticket from someone and they pulled out just today. So please let the woman I love get a ticket so that she can go experience something that she has been wanting to do for a very long time.
korhal25

Re: Looking For a Ticket for my girlfriend

Postby korhal25 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 am

Okay I will do anything to get a ticket for my girlfriend. This is honestly not a hoax or a scam. I really am trying to get a ticket so that she can go have fun with her friends. In the spirit of Burning Man is there anyone that would be nice enough to sale or gift a ticket to someone that really would like to go to Burning Man. She is so upset that she doesn't have a ticket right now and it is really bumming her out. I am begging you guys out there if you have it in your heart please help my girlfriend go to BM this year.
korhal25

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:15 am

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby korhal25 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:03 am

Okay I am not going to pay more than the ticket is worth to help my girlfriend go to Burning Man. I thought you people were kind people that want to help others enjoy Burning Man. What kind of message are you sending others if you are money hungry enough to sale a ticket for over $1000.00. That is just sad. I have had friends go to Burning Man in the past and they said that everyone was helpful that barter was the language spoken. Not money, not greed, and not self righteous people that thought only of themselves. I may not be a Burner but at least I know what the core values of BM are. You guys should be ashamed to call yourselves Burners if you are in this just for money.
korhal25

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 am

korhal25, he's not the seller of that ticket. He's pointing out that you are exaggerating when you say you'd do anything.

People here on ePlaya don't have extra tickets, silly. You've got to hunt them down in the 2011 Tickets by responding to OFFERED threads instead of begging for extras that don't exist. We're regular people here, & we don't have spares. Sellers are not reading these individual threads. They're posting once, and 10-20 people are answering per seller.

People who really want tickets are refreshing the tickets page constantly, telling all their friends they're looking, and not waiting for it to drop into their laps. Read the threads at the top of this forum and get busy.

That is what a man who really wants to help his girlfriend does to get a ticket.

Do you really want to tell her that you attempted to guilt trip a bunch of total strangers into gifting a ticket, instead of doing what is more likely to work?

Good luck.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby NellieX » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:32 am

If you're really willing to do anything to find her a ticket, get off your ass and start contacting people via craiglist and ebay to see about negotiating a ticket price, instead of pleading here and then getting pissed when a ticket doesn't fall into your lap.

OR....put some money in savings to buy your girlfriend a ticket next year. The playa isn't going anywhere.
NellieX

Postby korhal25 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Look I am not saying that all of you are in this just for the money but a lot of people are just greedy. I stated my opinion of something and that is that. If you don't like it then there is something wrong with you.
korhal25

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:48 pm

No one objects to your opinion, we are simply trying to get you to understand the reality that posting a thread on eplaya is a "slim chance" way to find a ticket.
Last edited by theCryptofishist on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:52 pm

excuse me, but did someone just say the word "WRONG"?

cuz that just ain't right...
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:05 pm

korhal25 wrote:Look I am not saying that all of you are in this just for the money but a lot of people are just greedy. I stated my opinion of something and that is that. If you don't like it then there is something wrong with you.

You won't find a lot of scalpers here. Almost anyone who has been on ePlaya for a while would be ashamed to scalp. Most scalpers are on eBay.

By the same token, you won't find a lot of tickets here. :)

Every second you spend in your own thread arguing with strangers (to absolutely no result, as no one is magically going to suddenly realize they have a forgotten spare) is a second you could be refreshing the Tickets page.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You might wanna be careful about sending her off to BM..

After reading this, I think she may come back and leave your ass after hanging out all week with the cool kids.. :wink:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby korhal25 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:47 pm

That is uncalled for man. I am trying to help her out. There is no need to go and say stuff like that. I was just asking for help that was all.
korhal25

Postby Dr Helix » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

korhal25 wrote:That is uncalled for man. I am trying to help her out. There is no need to go and say stuff like that. I was just asking for help that was all.

So let's recap your brief history here korhal25:

1. Post one - First timer on this forum, didn't bother to read anything about how you might be able to get a ticket, wants one for girlfriend.

2. Post two - Now will do anythng for a ticket. Begs for one. Still has not done any work on the successful way to do so.

3. Post three - Lashes out angrily and mistakenly when someone points out a way to do it albeit expensively.

4. Post four - Tries to mollify, but bungles it by by saying that "there must be something wrong with you" if you don't understand his stance.

5. Post five - Reacts badly when someone throws a bit of snark at him. Wah!

I think that's about it
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Return to 2011 Tickets