Reno Ticket Verification Booth?

Reno Ticket Verification Booth?

Postby narfanator » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:32 am

Could BRC put some people in Reno so groups of people can get their tickets checked prior to leaving for parts singular and distant? I think it'd make a lot of sense, and save major headache and anguish at Gate. Can you imagine getting there and finding out one of many people in your car has a bogus ticket, and now you *all* have to turn around? (Or, at least, the driver and all the stuff...)
narfanator

Re: Reno Ticket Verification Booth?

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 am

There are no plans for a ticket verification booth, nor are there likely any resources available to try and put something together at this late stage. Please see the info posts at the top of the board about avoiding scams, and contact Participant Services for ticket verification.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby gyre » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 pm

At some date, they are no longer available for ticket verification.

At least for this week the service is available.
gyre

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Good point, Gyre. I'll confirm what that date is and get it posted when I hear back.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:21 pm

There are currently 3 people working on the 500+ requests a day coming in for ticket verification (and requests for changes). When they prepare to depart for the playa (date not yet confirmed, but I expect it's within the next week), they will post additional information on the tickets page and in an auto-responder message on the partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com email address so that people can (hopefully) safely buy 3rd party tickets. Once I have info regarding the date and the additional information, I'll get that posted as an announcement.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby gyre » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Slower online response next week and they will respond as long as they can online.

At some point, they will be out of reach, but the Ticket Overlords don't have a hard date.

I think everyone is leaving the bay this weekend.
gyre

Return to 2011 Tickets