Ebay Sellers

Ebay Sellers

Postby waywardvirtuoso » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:52 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on those selling on Ebay for normal-ish prices? There's a few on there that are listed 2 tickets for $750 with ebay sellers with great reps. As time grows short I have been looking at these super wary of scams, but also thinking about how selling thru ebay offers seller and buyer protection... more so than craigslist at least.

Just curious of what everyone thought.
if we look too close at the path, we can not see the sky.
waywardvirtuoso

Re: Ebay Sellers

Postby lbasche » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:03 pm

If you check the ticket and then set up an in person meeting in a public location, craigslist is pretty safe. As for ebay, it offers extra protection for sales being sent through the mail, but still offers the chance of screwing you out of a ticket while you wait for a refund in the event that you have to file a complaint through ebay/paypal.
lbasche

Postby shimgotit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:00 pm

waywardvirtuoso wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on those selling on Ebay for normal-ish prices? There's a few on there that are listed 2 tickets for $750 with ebay sellers with great reps. As time grows short I have been looking at these super wary of scams, but also thinking about how selling thru ebay offers seller and buyer protection... more so than craigslist at least.

Just curious of what everyone thought.

2 tickets for $750?? that seems like a 'great' price considering the circumstances.... id jump on that in a heartbeat. seriously.
shimgotit

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:04 pm

I suspect you've just sent hundreds of ePlaya lurkers off to eBay to start searching for tickets ;)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby waywardvirtuoso » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:12 pm

LOL! I didnt mean to thin the competition here (tho now that you mention it...) :wink:

really i was just wondering what others thought. that particular auction was 2 for $1100 a few hours later. ($550 each is still lower than some CL listings I've seen but too rich for my blood) But I wondered if anyone had good experience/ bad experience stories. I did email the guy with the $750 price and asked why he wasnt going because that seems to be a red flag some times, and if he was willing to provide the info from the tickets. He responded right away with story of why passing this year & didnt provide ticket info, but did say he would provide before payment was required which seemed cool.

I guess i'm just hoping some of these guys are legit in case it's my only option.
if we look too close at the path, we can not see the sky.
waywardvirtuoso

Postby shimgotit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:15 pm

there are quite a few ebay auctions at 380-400 now, with 5+ hours left. they level off near 550 each for a pair or 600-700 for a single. something about paying more than face value just doesnt seem right....
shimgotit

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 pm

I don't think a single ticket offer is going to thin the herd (at least not by any more than the number of tickets offered), it's an awfully big herd.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby damhey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:45 am

Seems to be a lot of tickets on there where the starting price is so high it doesn't even get a single bid. Sad really.
damhey

Postby pizzamancer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:11 am

damhey wrote:Seems to be a lot of tickets on there where the starting price is so high it doesn't even get a single bid. Sad really.

The prices will only come down as we get closer to the Burn, then rise right before it. It will be a balancing game, but once it starts to rise, it is probably going to go very high. With only 4-5 days left, I think there will be a skyrocket in price.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby rainbowgirly31 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:20 am

Hi,
Just wanted to warn everyone. If you get an email from ROBERT LOREN - the dude is a fake. I found him on craigslist and then on Ebay as well. He was going to sell me tickets at the $360 price and made it look very official. at first he's like the bidding ended (which it did) he had a real bid going on but then told me the highest bidder backed out and he would sell them to me. He ended up wanting me to do it through a western union payment, not paypal... dude is a fake!! So watch out of ebay bids, some of them are fakes. I'm waiting for someone in Sacramento/El Dorado counties so I can do a face to face exchange for the tickets. Peace & hope everyone finds tickets. :mrgreen:
rainbowgirly31

Return to 2011 Tickets