Sadly 50 emails sent NO TICKET YET

Sadly 50 emails sent NO TICKET YET

Postby mahe.balas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:39 pm

:cry: I just sent my 50th email to people from Cragslist in multiple cities (Plan to ask my friends help there) and to people in this forum. Got on to the waiting list a cpl of times but the first person unfortunately came through to buy the ticket. So still stuck looking for tickets.

Dont get dejected my friends and keep looking. Hope to jump from the waiting list to confirmed list soon myself.

Waiting for a genuine person to sell me 1 or 2 tickets at face value.
mahe.balas

Re: Sadly 50 emails sent NO TICKET YET

Postby xi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:01 pm

I'm in the same boat... I think I've sent out close to 100 emails. I've had a total of four responses and not once did I get anywhere near being sold a ticket. But I refuse to stop trying. I won't allow this to be my destiny until the Man burns. If I'm not there then... well, then it truly wasn't meant to be.

Stay strong everyone, you deserve to be there as much as anyone else! So make it happen!
xi

Postby theresap » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:03 pm

keep your chin up and stay persistent! Finding a ticket is going to take lots of work, lots of patience, and many waking hours on your computer hitting a refresh button over and over. Good luck!!!!! Hope to see you on the playa!
theresap

Postby theresap » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 pm

plus tribal and local tickets haven't been available yet, so there will be more tickets closer to the 29th. :D
theresap

Postby xi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:07 pm

[quote="theresap"]plus tribal and local tickets haven't been available yet, so there will be more tickets closer to the 29th. :D[/quote]

I r confused. What does all that mean?
xi

Postby theresap » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Indians with a tribal ID have not been issued their tickets yet, neither have Gerlach residents. As I believe, both can pick up their tickets on the 29th. they are allowed one wristband, and 2 guest passes. I don't know how the residents go for theirs, but those with tribal ID's needed to fill out a request back in July to be eligible. With that said, any of those who can't go, or just got tickets to sell, there are more tickets out there.
theresap

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Try harder, or start planning for next year (tickets likely to go on sale in mid-January). I suspect that the number of ticket seekers to available tickets is far greater than 50 to 1, but you're off to a pretty good start. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby westsideburns » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:32 pm

I am on 180 emails so far...I scored one ticket last week, which included a 3 hour drive one way...and pending one more for my girlfriend. Then need 3 more for campmates like family. It's a full time job with 40 hours of overtime.
westsideburns

Postby theresap » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:05 pm

westsideburns wrote: It's a full time job with 40 hours of overtime.

AMEN! I know for sure next year I will be buying a ticket the first day, no matter what problems or how long it takes! I have learned my lesson!
theresap

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 pm

theresap wrote:Indians with a tribal ID have not been issued their tickets yet, neither have Gerlach residents. .

Neither have Empire residents!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby mahe.balas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Yup learned the lesson too. Save up early. Buy the ticket earlier.
mahe.balas

Postby egos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:30 am

westsideburns wrote: It's a full time job with 40 hours of overtime.

Same, and note you living in USA its possible to exchange the ticket from hand to hand.
Anyway i just want to say courage !!!!
egos

Postby Playa Hater » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 am

Yea we have been looking for our camp mates who chose to procrastinate. Between the couple of us looking we are around 350 emails the past two weeks. I have faith though so im not really worried. Stay positive and active in your hunt.

I hate to have the thought of 'at least I have my ticket', but I am damn happy I have mine. Someone mentioned earlier that they kept glancing in the drawer to look at their tickets to make sure they were there because they were happy they had theirs. I feel the same way. That thing is right next to my bed. First thing I see everyday when I get up haha. I can't wait to leave alreay.
Playa Hater

Burning Since: 2004

Postby Supakitten » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 am

I have been looking for a few weeks now....refreshing my computer every f'n 10 seconds. Seemed the moment I stepped away to eat, sleep...take a crap, I'd miss out on a post. Took my computer with me everywhere yesterday, then took a peek at the new pics posted on the BM Blog about the build and started to tear up. Hubby was saying to me - just give it up already....

went home, he got on the computer for a while. when he got up to go to the kitchen i noticed a add posted in the city I live in and replied. got my ticket at 11 pm last night! we were so excited that it might be a possibility to go we couldn't sleep.

It IS a full time job...I wasted three weeks of sunny weather sitting on my computer but if I make it to the playa it will all be worth it, right? Now i just gotta do it all over again for the 'ol ball and chains ticket. sigh.....

Keep looking, it will happen if you don't give up! (at least that's what I've been telling myself)
Supakitten

Postby waywardvirtuoso » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am

so glad you found it supakitten! I'm still on the hunt too.

and all i have to say is after the week i've had, the only thing getting me thru the day is the dream of hanging out in center camp. Come-ooon ticket! Come to momma so she can go home!

:D
if we look too close at the path, we can not see the sky.
waywardvirtuoso

Postby renogirl1970 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am

After a couple of weeks of stalking the eplaya and CL I finally got 2 tickets. Paid a little more than I wanted to, but for this being my only vacation a year, it was well worth the money. They are out there, you just have to be the first one to respond and pray it isn't spam!! Chin up, i'm sure the boards will get flooded the week before with people who need to sell their tickets or lose the money!!
Jona
renogirl1970

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Supakitten » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:09 am

you know how funny it is to get the looks from friends who have not been and do not 'get' burning man listen to me say 'sorry, can't go (do this or that) I have to sit online and refresh my computer screen for tickets' ?
Supakitten

Postby waywardvirtuoso » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 am

I know exactly how it is. I have an iphone so i still go to whatever, but sit there ATTACHED to my phone searching every local craigslist and the eplaya.

sacrameto craigslist *refresh*... nothing
bay area *refresh*... nothing
grass valley *fresh*... nothing
reno *refresh*... nothing
eplaya *refresh*...comment...nothing.
rinse and repeat.

on the plus side, the friend that was supposed to go with me bailed last night so now i just need one ticket.
if we look too close at the path, we can not see the sky.
waywardvirtuoso

Postby Sic Pup » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:44 pm

I don't know if it's any help but there are sites that search multiple craigslist cities at once, http://www.searchtempest.com/ is one and there are others. Typically you set the mileage range.

Good luck, all.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby xi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:51 pm

I am sincerely happy that there are some success stories. Good going guys, have fun on the playa for me if I don't get to go... but I expect to see you all there!!
xi

Postby xi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 am

I'm pleased as punch to report that my success story can be added! It was a two-hour drive to pick up my ticket yesterday morning, but it was very worth it. My seller accepted my moderate cash offer and my trade - my boyfriend is giving her a free tattoo. I'm so happy! Don't give up and keep sending those emails. It ain't over til it's over! See you all out there!!
xi

Postby kelizabeth » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

waywardvirtuoso wrote:I know exactly how it is. I have an iphone so i still go to whatever, but sit there ATTACHED to my phone searching every local craigslist and the eplaya.

sacrameto craigslist *refresh*... nothing
bay area *refresh*... nothing
grass valley *fresh*... nothing
reno *refresh*... nothing
eplaya *refresh*...comment...nothing.
rinse and repeat.

on the plus side, the friend that was supposed to go with me bailed last night so now i just need one ticket.

This is exactly what I've been doing, except I gave my self a break last week so that I could focus on other stuff - the affordable ticket obsession had me crippled! I'm back on the hunt again though, and am finally looking to eBay, where prices have gone down a bit. Also email in the SF Bay Area Craigslist, and checking ePlaya. Initially I was refreshing other areas - Sacramento, Monterrey, etc., but gave up in that because there are just too little postings going on. I also look at Reno for a few hours at a time occasionally, as I guess if I can find two at a decent price I wouldn't mind driving out there.
"Defiance and resistance are illegal. Therein lies the salvation of man. Everything illegal necessitates integrity, self-reliance, and courage."
Emma Goldman
kelizabeth

Return to 2011 Tickets