Scam on CL

Scam on CL

Postby Igneouss » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:01 am

[Personal details removed by moderator]
Here is what you get if you respond:

Hello,

My Name is [Personal details removed by moderator]
I am selling all 2 tickets for $400.If you are interested to buy these tickets i will do this deal only trough eBay.In order to start the transaction i will need your full name, address and your eBay id.They will send you an invoice how to purchase the tickets from me.(You will be sending the money to an eBay agent.After the payment is sent i will send the tickets to you.eBay will release the funds to me ONLY AFTER you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real).
I will ship them via UPS overnight.I will pay shipping.

I will wait your reply.

Thank You !
Basic b/e analysis:
2005 $243K
06 $855K
07 $1.0M
08 $1.1M
09 $0
10 $1.1M
11 $1.2M
12 $1.2M
That’s $6.8M that thousands of volunteers deserve to know about. Capitalism is alive at BM. Tickets are the commodity. Others have estimated higher profits.
Igneouss

Re: Scam on CL: Joshua Amy

Postby jkisha » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:22 am

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to put any of the scammer's personal information in these warning posts.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Scam on CL: Joshua Amy

Postby Mansoon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:45 am

Interesting moral dilemma. This sounds just like an approach I got, and the person up and vanished when I suggested Paypal and the numbers first. So, maybe not a real person, and can you post personal info on a person that does not exist? Especially on a message board that has an option for "add friend" and "add foe"?
Mansoon

Re: Scam on CL

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 am

Please see this post on the subject of scams. Contact Participant Services with questions about ticket validity or to provide information about a possible scam, and do not post anybody's personal details on ePlaya. Thanks
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2011 Tickets